Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

4 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Give me home grown instead of having to sweat every trough pulling a storm north in the Atlantic every day for two weeks 

This. Homebrew :wub: is almost always the way to go. Give me something that pops in the central Caribbean and gets rocketed north. 

20 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

So this storm managed to do in a single hour what Henri couldn’t accomplish in 3 days 

That’s just how it goes. Major landfalling EC hurricanes are hard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

New Orleans for all its troubles is a very fun place to visit and the people are top notch. I hope they get past this 

It's a scary damn place though. I went alone a few times for nights out, no drinking after 8.  lol  my second day there in '04 I heard a shooting..turns out it was 5 blocks away, ak-47 through a high school

12 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

It's a scary damn place though. I went alone a few times for nights out, no drinking after 8.  lol  my second day there in '04 I heard a shooting..turns out it was 5 blocks away, ak-47 through a high school

Yeah I don’t mean to sugarcoat it too much . You’re 100% right but during the daytime it’s  a lot of fun. Just keep an eye on the homeless folks and always walk in groups.. But also, beignets!

• Like 1

agree with prediction elevation to Category 4 nearing landfall, but there is no way to know if it maxes there or touches Cat 5 or remains just 4.

It's outflow expanse is growing immense - it has huge room for intensification. It is likely whatever shear there is, is likely to be subsumed by the total mechanic presence of Ida in the area.

Bingo!

The upper-level outflow has expanded over all but the southwestern
portion of the circulation, and the upper-level wind pattern is
forecast to continue to improve overnight and early Saturday.
Once Ida moves past western Cuba and into the southeastern Gulf of
Mexico, it will be moving through a very favorable oceanic and
atmospheric environment consisting of high ocean heat content
waters, low vertical wind shear, and a moist low- to mid-level
atmosphere.
These conditions are likely to result in a period
of rapid strengthening during the next 24 to 36 hours.  In fact,
with the higher initial wind speed, the intensity guidance has
significantly increased this cycle, and the bulk of the guidance
now brings Ida to category 4 intensity. 

They're also mentioning the ERC stuff ... 

The thing is, neither the RI, or ERCs can be ascertained, as to the extent it maximizes, or the latter fluctuation compromise wind velocity. But at that point ...it's really splitting hairs.  130 or 150 ... you got redic pressure well and probably a 20" tsunamis overtopped by wave running over the coast...

I will say that with the dynamical models predicting the expansion of the wind field, it seems unlikely that a core would not begin to replace ... But, we're likely to get the RI first. Of the two phenomenon, the RI is more confidence.

Bottom line, by 36 hours we may have a strong Cat 4 with no ability to weaken or drain off IKE prior to landfall most likely along the Miss. Delta/tide-water area.   Inundation/over-run over those geographic features, and also up the mouth of the Mississippi would take place where ever nakedly exposed to the arrival of a storm surge given to present consensus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The thing is, neither the RI, or ERCs can be ascertained, as to the extent it maximizes, or the latter fluctuation compromise wind velocity. But at that point ...it's really splitting hairs.  130 or 150 ... you got redic pressure well and probably a 20" tsunamis overtopped by wave running over the coast...

I will say that with the dynamical models predicting the expansion of the wind field, it seems unlikely that a core would not begin to replace ... But, we're likely to get the RI first. Of the two phenomenon, the RI is more confidence.

Bottom line, by 36 hours we may have a strong Cat 4 with no ability to weaken or drain off IKE prior to landfall most likely along the Miss. Delta/tide-water area.   Inundation/over-run over those geographic features, and also up the mouth of the Mississippi would take place where ever nakedly exposed to the arrival of a storm surge given to present consensus 

I.K.E. for IDA versus Rita

Screenshot_20210827-184641_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-184719_Chrome.jpg

53 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

IDA is now in rapid intensification mode now I think.. looking better and better by the minute... I wish my vacation fell two weeks earlier I would have went down and stayed 10 miles or so from the beach..

Funny. We’re going to NO during turkey week and I’m hoping for the opposite…wishing this thing falls apart and spares an area that was ravaged by Katrina.

16 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Doesn't have time for an ERC....watch.

22 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s still taking its time to intensify, as we can see with the wind field, despite the clear organization trend. No rapid intensification for now.

IMO the delay only further diminishes the already low chance that an ERC would take place close to landfall. 

It's as though it were teetering with doing the show ... peaking around the curtain in apprehension.

Pressure falls may lag the -80 cloud topped meso/nuclei that appear to be concentrating and also accelerating in the last hour.  It's really either symbolic of, or outright indication there in, that it's T-minus an hour or two before we see either an RI or a goodly intensification either way. 

The question is, how far does that go and to what extreme - ... does it core out 24 mb and accelerate by 30 mph inside of 12 hours  ...Or plus or minus either of those metrics, respectively.  

• Like 1