Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,987
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Dankles
    Newest Member
    Dankles
    Joined

Central PA - Summer 2021


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Icon has been at the upper end of qpf totals so extremes.  I would wait for a few more model runs to make sure the USV is not the bullseye.  

 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cam Newton in Steel Town? 

god help us NO

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:


You might have a rough day

great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure how the contract will work but I suspect someone picks up Cam on the cheap. 

 But would he leapfrog Mason Rudolph on the depth chart? Because if not, we’re talking about a 3rd string QB that would likely never see the field. It’s not like Duck Hodges ever saw any meaningful.....oh wait. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

 But would he leapfrog Mason Rudolph on the depth chart? Because if not, we’re talking about a 3rd string QB that would likely never see the field. It’s not like Duck Hodges ever saw any meaningful.....oh wait. 

I agree that Cam in Steel Town has to be #2 and under the premise that Pitt is going all out to assure they have a quality NFL Qb in case #1 gets hurt. It has to be with Haskins cut and Mason at 3.  I hope Jerry does not get any ideas in Dallas....that worries me now that I think about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Here's UK for you guys  

 

PO5Zjoh.png

North. Yuck. Note that a solid inch of the 4.3 at PIT comes from this afternoon’s convection. Not that that helps too much with any potential flooding issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We now await the most important Euro run in 6 hours...

Everyone should turn on their weather radios and listen to the info repeat every 5 mins just like the old days.  Also put the weather channel weather alert music on in the back ground.  Set the mood. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hydrology from Sterling just to the south.

HYDROLOGY... The remnants of Ida will interact with a stalled frontal boundary over our region tonight through early Thursday morning. This will result in a period of very heavy rainfall, particularly near the MD/PA border and into eastern WV. Average rainfall amounts currently expected to be around 3-6 inches in this area, with locally high end amounts of 8-10 inches possible. Areas further south and east will be closer to 2-4 inches. Isolated higher amounts are possible where rainfall is enhanced by terrain features. Training heavy rainfall is expected with this system, so areas that get stuck under heavy training elements could also see isolated much higher amounts. This amount of rainfall would result in scattered to numerous instances of flooding/flash flooding, some considerable. Additionally, in the days following, expect river flooding to become an issue. Could see minor to moderate flooding on some of the main stem rivers where the heaviest rainfall occurs, with major flooding not entirely out of the question. We have issued River Flood Watches for points which the MARFC is already categorically forecasting rises above flood stage. Additional watches will likely be issued as confidence increases and the event draws nearer.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Hydrology from Sterling just to the south.

HYDROLOGY... The remnants of Ida will interact with a stalled frontal boundary over our region tonight through early Thursday morning. This will result in a period of very heavy rainfall, particularly near the MD/PA border and into eastern WV. Average rainfall amounts currently expected to be around 3-6 inches in this area, with locally high end amounts of 8-10 inches possible. Areas further south and east will be closer to 2-4 inches. Isolated higher amounts are possible where rainfall is enhanced by terrain features. Training heavy rainfall is expected with this system, so areas that get stuck under heavy training elements could also see isolated much higher amounts. This amount of rainfall would result in scattered to numerous instances of flooding/flash flooding, some considerable. Additionally, in the days following, expect river flooding to become an issue. Could see minor to moderate flooding on some of the main stem rivers where the heaviest rainfall occurs, with major flooding not entirely out of the question. We have issued River Flood Watches for points which the MARFC is already categorically forecasting rises above flood stage. Additional watches will likely be issued as confidence increases and the event draws nearer.

 

Wow, an 'AFD" mentioning 8-10". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm doing a temp wiring on a sump pump at a newly constructed home I'm working on in Cascade . Otherwise feet of water will probably be in the basement :raining:

When I moved into my place in 2018 they said I had a dry sump pump and thought that meant it was some new type of device that did not need to stay submerged.  What they meant was I had a pit and no sump pump.  Have never put one back in.  Fingers crossed here.   We have had over 3" of rain in short order before and no water so its when I get over 5 that I am going to worry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When I moved into my place in 2018 they said I had a dry sump pump and thought that meant it was some new type of device that did not need to stay submerged.  What them meant was I had a pit and no sump pump.  Have never put one back in.  Fingers crossed here.   We have had over 3" of rain in short order before and no water so its when I get over 5 that I am going to worry. 

If your gutters aren't buried to take water away . Maby get a few black flex extenders to temporarily get runoff away from the foundation. Sounds like u don't have much issue but the great 2021 deluge is a comin :yikes:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If your gutters aren't buried to take water away . Maby get a few black flex extenders to temporarily get runoff away from the foundation. Sounds like u don't have much issue but the great 2021 deluge is a comin :yikes:

Most gutters are buried but when the rain gets too hard I see water coming down the side of the as as the gutters fill up faster than the water can be moved away.  The one that is not buried has an extender away from the foundation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...