Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,163
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

Met Summer Banter


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Ok Alex Jones. 

Why must everything be a grand conspiracy.

I prefer the internet but Christ were things a lot more peaceful before internet forums & social media became a thing. 

Probably best to start listening to the “conspiracy theorists” a little more. A bunch of them were pretty accurate in 2020 despite folks like yourself doubting every step of the way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, natedizel said:

What you mean? Its already happening

I'm sure this is someone who said things similar to the following very confidently at various points:

"They will never shut down businesses."

"Hospitals are overwhelmed war zones."

"They will never force people to wear masks."

"They will never shut down the schools."

"They will never simply give people money to stay unemployed."

"They will never actively work to hide the origins of the virus."

"Texas and Florida will have a large surge in cases soon."

"Kids are starting to die in larger numbers."

"They will never suddenly lift all mandates seemingly overnight."

"They will never bring back mandates now that they have been lifted."

"They will never argue that we should vaccinate toddlers."

"The new variants are much deadlier."

Plenty of sheepish people out there who spent all of 2020 being constantly wrong who are STILL calling people conspiracy theorists for making very straightforward predictions. It's gullibility, I guess.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's just all be honest with each other.....it came from the lab.  Why else would china be so secretive and resistant about investigating the origins? If they're positive their lab was safe you'd think they would welcome investigators to find the manbearpig or whatever animal it originated from. 

 

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Let's just all be honest with each other.....it came from the lab.  Why else would china be so secretive and resistant about investigating the origins? If they're positive their lab was safe you'd think they would welcome investigators to find the manbearpig or whatever animal it originated from. 

 

Dude......   Thats racist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The UFO report is out. 

UFO Report Says ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena’ Defy Worldly Explanation

Propulsion and technology in some cases exceed present-day scientific knowledge, U.S. officials say.

WASHINGTON—U.S. intelligence officials reviewing dozens of reports of mysterious flying objects found 18 in which the objects displayed no visible propulsion or appeared to use technology beyond the known capabilities of the U.S. or its adversaries, according to an intelligence report released Friday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ufo-report-cites-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-that-defy-worldly-explanation-u-s-official-says-11624653953

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MJO812 said:

They are selling fireworks  everywhere in NJ. Are they now legal lol

 

Got myself some good fireworks 

 

12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

They're legal in Connecticut but the places I've been to only have roman candle type stuff and sparklers.

Good morning Anthony, DS. It was the late 50’s Dyker Heights, Brooklyn. I went, with a friend, to by some mats ( a package of 84 firecracker packs )  The, don’t mess with but courteous, adult opened the trunk of his car,  possibly mid 50’s Buick, took our money and politely told us to scram. What impressed me at the time and on memory and caused me to refrain from unknown source street buys, was what I saw tucked on the side, yet in full sight, of the trunk. That was the first and last time I had been that close to what looked like a Tommy gun. As always …..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good ... judging by what I just saw weeble-wobbling into Walmart, a food shortage may give western Industrial societies a chance of getting the majority biomass of the proletariat to actually become                 less massive ...   There's a thought.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

The UFO report is out. 

UFO Report Says ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena’ Defy Worldly Explanation

Propulsion and technology in some cases exceed present-day scientific knowledge, U.S. officials say.

WASHINGTON—U.S. intelligence officials reviewing dozens of reports of mysterious flying objects found 18 in which the objects displayed no visible propulsion or appeared to use technology beyond the known capabilities of the U.S. or its adversaries, according to an intelligence report released Friday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ufo-report-cites-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-that-defy-worldly-explanation-u-s-official-says-11624653953

The US military wants more funding.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, White Rain said:

I’m sorry but I do not believe a vaccine is better than natural immunity.  This goes against all conventional wisdom. Show me some real data 

tens of millions of people in brazil, south africa and india are evidence your "belief" in "conventional wisdom" is wrong.  not to mention that people get re-infected with other coronavirus all the time, so why would this particular 'Rona be different.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(21)00183-5/fulltext

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It could be that simple - snark aside. 

Lol, words to the affect of, "...Exhibiting methods of propulsion and acceleration 'unworldly' beyond the technological and/or scientific capabilities of the U.S. or its allies, or adversaries. ..." 

Egads! What does one do with a statement like that -

Truth be told ... despite the evocative use of the word 'unworldly' ... ( which I am not really sure that is in the report - I should probably go make sure because CNN covered and they are barely a verifiable status above tabloid news at this point for their incendiary tactic bullshit ) ... all that report really reveals is:

A,  this is what we observed;

B, we don't have an explanation for what these objects really are.

But it seems rather egregious using turn of phrases like unworldly toward a population saturated by the last 25 years of seamless VR vs R, in CGI dystopian Sci Fi cinema. 

Too egregious in fact - c'mon man! They said that shit like that, deliberately.  Maybe it is to increase funding.  I dunno.  Or, it's just the PR ineptitude of American "intelligence" agencies.  Ha! Distinct possibility just the same.  Either way, it' like they are cutesy dancing around the pachyderm notion of the thing and what they 'really' think - actual ET ?  Say it, but don't 'say it' to dodge culpability and undermining confidence in their offices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I just wonder why only the US military is coming forward with this stuff when billions of people have a camera in their pocket at all times across the earth at this point.

Satellites can generate a high-def image of a bear shitting in my yard from space but all we get is grainy Nokia flip phone quality “images.”

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

tens of millions of people in brazil, south africa and india are evidence your "belief" in "conventional wisdom" is wrong.  not to mention that people get re-infected with other coronavirus all the time, so why would this particular 'Rona be different.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(21)00183-5/fulltext

I'm not sure that article addresses natural immunity vs vaccine immunity.  And it doesn't even conclude that natural immunity is waning, just throws it out there as a possible explanation.  (1 of 4 possible explanations).  Even then calls that explanation "unlikely to fully explain resurgence".  Also, says later, "if resurgence in Manaus is due to waning of protective immunity, then similar resurgence scenarios should be expected in other locations", but we have not seen that here in the US, nor in Europe. etc.

Moreover they cite the NEJM study from 2020 suggesting 6 mo immunity and then talk about how in Manaus the period was 7-8 months.  But a subsequent June 2021 study shows at least 10 month immunity. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhl/article/PIIS2666-7568(21)00093-3/fulltext

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, radarman said:

I'm not sure that article addresses natural immunity vs vaccine immunity.  And it doesn't even conclude that natural immunity is waning, just throws it out there as a possible explanation.  (1 of 4 possible explanations).  Even then calls that explanation "unlikely to fully explain resurgence".  Also, says later, "if resurgence in Manaus is due to waning of protective immunity, then similar resurgence scenarios should be expected in other locations", but we have not seen that here in the US, nor in Europe. etc.

Moreover they cite the NEJM study from 2020 suggesting 6 mo immunity and then talk about how in Manaus the period was 7-8 months so i.  But a subsequent June 2021 study shows at least 10 month immunity. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhl/article/PIIS2666-7568(21)00093-3/fulltext

I think the 'natural immunity' probably exists for one particular variant, but the resurgence occurs when new variants arise.  All the resurgences in areas with high seroprevalence were due to a new variant.  That tells you two things: 1) natural immunity is very narrow and doesn't exist for the entire variant spectrum; 2) this isn't like measles or chicken pox, where you get it once and then you're immune for life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible that the virus had a few notably divergent mutations down there (as discussed) that may weaken both natural and vaccine immunity.  That would require a booster vax and those previously naturally immune would probably want to get it at that point.  So far though I think evidence that a booster shot is necessary worldwide (Manaus strain if it exists hasn't been reported to have circulated widely) or that natural immunity is worse than the first round of vaccines for the early strains plus the delta strains are slim to non-existant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Or, it's just the PR ineptitude of American "intelligence" agencies.

The resurrection of the 'Wuhan lab leak' story in the media was because of an intelligence report that was "leaked" (pun intended) to the media about a month ago.  Now the intelligence agencies are supposed to conduct an investigation and come back with a report in 90 days (circa end of August).  The lemmings will believe whatever these intelligence reports say if it affirms their pre-conceived narrative.  Nothing is better for their funding apparatus than another cold war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

I think the 'natural immunity' probably exists for one particular variant, but the resurgence occurs when new variants arise.  All the resurgences in areas with high seroprevalence were due to a new variant.  That tells you two things: 1) natural immunity is very narrow and doesn't exist for the entire variant spectrum; 2) this isn't like measles or chicken pox, where you get it once and then you're immune for life.

Best bet is to remain at home and be safe. I would also suggest disabling your Internet connection to avoid the increasingly severe cyber attacks we are seeing.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

I think the 'natural immunity' probably exists for one particular variant, but the resurgence occurs when new variants arise.  All the resurgences in areas with high seroprevalence were due to a new variant.  That tells you two things: 1) natural immunity is very narrow and doesn't exist for the entire variant spectrum; 2) this isn't like measles or chicken pox, where you get it once and then you're immune for life.

I think you could just replace natural immunity with immunity in this post.  There's not been evidence suggesting natural immunity covers a narrower spectrum than vax immunity, and we don't have updated vaxxes yet, so it's still not clear why you'd treat those two groups differently right now, if it were based on the science alone.  Also I'd have to defer to Whitinsville, etc., but I presume the 10mo study I posted above is going to encompass at least a few strains so it's not totally narrow.  Even Delta is not reinfecting people in large numbers, or at any rate if it is, the outcomes are less severe as they are with the vax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Best bet is to remain at home and be safe. I would also suggest disabling your Internet connection to avoid the increasingly severe cyber attacks we are seeing.

Might as well wear a mask and gloves while doing all that along with keeping 10 antivirus applications running. 

I think Fauci gonna say Norton can protect you against covid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my Apple smart phone is unrelenting ... I have indicated negative, yet it keeps posting me to install a free app with the ability inform me when/if I have been exposed to COVID.

This is what drives intelligent folk to distraction .. a distraction where's harms public/social/economic trust -

 - cloaked in deception of protecting you?   If some app can warn you, it in fact also knows where YOU are, and probably infers what you are doing -  perhaps the real intent.

The only thing that got rid of it was allowing the occasional OS upgrade run - we'll see if it pops up again.

The odd thing, it's like humanity - industrial world - kinda needs something like that ?  It does.  It's scary to have to admit, but part of the darkness of humanity isn't any over arcing agency's social engineering ploys. It is that realistically, there is a ballast of population, en masse, now big enough to bring it all down. These cannot be reached with reason and logic; their fu'ked up lunacy and etho-chambered shit for brains actions    ugh 

Talks about society arriving between a rock and hard place.   I don't wanna be monitored, but I also don't wanna be a casualty of some intrinsic or endemic threat to civility, either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...