Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

For hockey fans, Glendale opting out of arena lease after this season. Let's go Nordiques!

https://theathletic.com/2778340/2021/08/19/point-of-no-return-glendale-to-boot-coyotes-from-gila-river-arena-after-2021-22-season/

Need more Canadian teams, those fans live and breath true hockey fandom.  Would be awesome to see QC get its team back.  I’m all in.  Love Hockey Night in Canada.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Need more Canadian teams, those fans live and breath true hockey fandom.  Would be awesome to see QC get its team back.  I’m all in.  Love Hockey Night in Canada.

Seriously, they have been passed up multiple times now but they have the 2015 arena. Twitter is abuzz about Kansas City or Portland. No way for KC and let's see Seattle work before another PNW team. 

Plus, I want to see these jerseys actually get worn. 

2OxI7.jpg

1 hour ago, PowderBeard said:

Seriously, they have been passed up multiple times now but they have the 2015 arena. Twitter is abuzz about Kansas City or Portland. No way for KC and let's see Seattle work before another PNW team. 

Plus, I want to see these jerseys actually get worn. 

2OxI7.jpg

Yeah man, I don’t know what it is about the NHL trying to bring these teams into weak markets.  I saw some buzz about Kansas City… once again just doesn’t feel like a natural “hockey town.”  I know it’s about money, tax breaks, negotiations and stuff but they keep jamming these teams into weak markets just because they are sufficiently lobbied.  No wonder an Arizona team struggled. The only reason it was there was because it was cheap to play there with tax breaks.

I have several diehard hockey friends in Quebec that ski at Stowe and it’s always a topic of conversation how the NHL keeps trying to slight the Canadian teams despite ice hockey (men’s and women’s) being the most popular sport in the country.  They have plenty of frozen water to utilize up there, ha.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah man, I don’t know what it is about the NHL trying to bring these teams into weak markets.  I saw some buzz about Kansas City… once again just doesn’t feel like a natural “hockey town.”  I know it’s about money, tax breaks, negotiations and stuff but they keep jamming these teams into weak markets just because they are sufficiently lobbied.  No wonder an Arizona team struggled. The only reason was it was there was because it was cheap to play there with tax breaks.

I have several diehard hockey friends in Quebec that ski at Stowe and it’s always a topic of conversation how the NHL keeps trying to slight the Canadian teams despite ice hockey (men’s and women’s) being the most popular sport in the country.  They have plenty of frozen water to utilize up there, ha.

The Devils actually started in KC for a few years before moving to Colorado…eventually the Rockies moved to NJ and became the Devils. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The Devils actually started in KC for a few years before moving to Colorado…eventually the Rockies moved to NJ and became the Devils. 

No shit, just looked it up.  The KC Scouts in 1974.  I grew up an Islanders and Devils fan, never knew that about the Devils.  Knew they came from CO.

Maybe KC can be a hockey town?  Or it didn’t work, ha.

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah man, I don’t know what it is about the NHL trying to bring these teams into weak markets.  I saw some buzz about Kansas City… once again just doesn’t feel like a natural “hockey town.”  I know it’s about money, tax breaks, negotiations and stuff but they keep jamming these teams into weak markets just because they are sufficiently lobbied.  No wonder an Arizona team struggled. The only reason was it was there was because it was cheap to play there with tax breaks.

Last time I was at a Canadiens game, I was talking to a guy about how hard it is for Canadian teams to compete given currency exchange rate and the tax rates. 

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Last time I was at a Canadiens game, I was talking to a guy about how hard it is for Canadian teams to compete given currency exchange rate and the tax rates. 

I think you're onto something with the taxes certainly.  Pretty sure player contracts are all USD though.  Yes the teams are taking in CAD but most of the ownership groups in Canada are not hurting for money (big corps) and usually spend to the cap.  The old Nordiques maybe were an exception.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, radarman said:

The old Nordiques maybe were an exception.

It's wild to look at the talent on that Nords team when they moved to Colorado.

Joe Sakic

Peter Forsberg

Owen Nolan - who they traded for Ozolinsh

They traded Mats Sundin for Wendel Clark (ugh), would trade Clark for Claude "The Turtle"  Lemieux

Not to mention the other names that would help Colorado win cups (e.g., Foote, Deadmarsh, Ricci, Kamensky). 

3 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

It's wild to look at the talent on that Nords team when they moved to Colorado.

Joe Sakic

Peter Forsberg

Owen Nolan - who they traded for Ozolinsh

They traded Mats Sundin for Wendel Clark (ugh), would trade Clark for Claude "The Turtle"  Lemieux

Not to mention the other names that would help Colorado win cups (e.g., Foote, Deadmarsh, Ricci, Kamensky). 

Drafted Lindros too, but of course that eventually turned into Forsberg.

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

They need more controlled burns out there. Wipe out the dead material and let new growth start. 

In a perfect world controlled burns would've been being done for the past 50+ years.  By now there may be so much fuel on/near the ground that attempted controlled burns would be exceptionally hard to keep controlled.

• Like 1

Any car folks in here? Below is a picture of my rear passenger side rotor. On a cold start, slow roll (letting off the brakes) I hear a squeal or friction noise until the car gets going. The noise is most obvious when the brakes are cold and it’s wet/humid. Does this rotor look odd?  The discoloration where the brake pad presses seems to be the cause…the other three rotors don’t have this ring. 

3D29F406-5E0C-49CE-81EB-45F882BE15F4.jpeg

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not much of a car guy, but are your brake pads worn out? Maybe the caliper isn’t fully releasing and you’re getting some friction that you only hear at lower speeds?

Those are my two guesses too. I’m no car guy either. I just know when I hear odd noises, it’s likely time for a professional. Luckily, my neighbor is a mechanic. 

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Those are my two guesses too. I’m no car guy either. I just know when I hear odd noises, it’s likely time for a professional. Luckily, my neighbor is a mechanic. 

Just change out everything problem solved its easy enough to do and not expensive doing it yourself.. for the price you pay for someone just doing your brakes you can change out everything yourself..

• Like 2