Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

20 minutes ago, natedizel said:

What your symptoms

Started as a clogged sinus. Then I couldn't pop my ears and had pressure in my head. A lot of post nasal drip and coughing up crap from my head. I'm about 5 days in. Tried to golf yesterday. Zero energy and felt like I had to go home after 9 holes.

No fever, taste food fine, smell fine. No sweating or chills. Nothing other than my head. I think it's a cold

Got home from 18 holes yesterday. Slept from 3pm until 5:30am for work today.

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Started as a clogged sinus. Then I couldn't pop my ears and had pressure in my head. A lot of post nasal drip and coughing up crap from my head. I'm about 5 days in. Tried to golf yesterday. Zero energy and felt like I had to go home after 9 holes.

No fever, taste food fine, smell fine. No sweating or chills. Nothing other than my head. I think it's a cold

Ya most likely. Flu and covid usually come with fevers.

But who knows maybe you patient zero of the New England varient

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya most likely. Flu and covid usually come with fevers.

But who knows maybe you patient zero of the New England varient

COVID does not always come with a fever. They stopped checking temperatures at events because they realized it’s not a reliable indicator.

It cracks me up how the vaxxed gang is so sure that delta is here and spreading wildly but then when everyone starts getting sick they are like, “nah couldn’t be delta, it’s just my allergies, bro!” Talk about denial. 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I’m sure everyone is suddenly getting a “cold” at the end of July right at the same time a virus that is supposedly more infectious than any known to man is raging across the country. Yep, makes sense!

Theres other viruses going around. Im sure the cold virus is more widespread than covid.

1 minute ago, natedizel said:

Theres other viruses going around. Im sure the cold virus is more widespread than covid.

To me, Occam’s Razor points to most of these mystery colds actually being delta. Viral interference is a thing, and delta is supposedly very good at crowding out other viruses. I understand that for vaccinated people it really breaks the narrative to admit they all have symptomatic COVID… but it’s the most likely explanation. It fits the pattern of what we were told delta would do. 

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I tested negative but there is a really bad bug going around

50 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s delta, bro. The mystery cold everyone has is delta. Vaccinated people can catch delta and develop symptoms. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Crabs?

Please, DR_W, get retested if you feel the need. Be sure/assured. “Crabs?” At least when I was young, CW, there was always an interesting experience/story that led up to them. As always ….

I’m sure everyone is suddenly getting a “cold” at the end of July right at the same time a virus that is supposedly more infectious than any known to man is raging across the country. Yep, makes sense!
Plus, if delta is soooo contagious, then cases should be through the roof over the last month or so. But wait, we're not supposedly testing as much. If that's true, then wouldn't cdc recommend more testing? Have they reversed course on telling vaccinated to start getting tested again? First it was about protecting the elderly, now it's the kids. Round and round we go

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do think the interesting thing with the new CDC guidance and Delta overall is how the public has really just moved on. I live in one of the most liberal towns in one of the most liberal states (not Cambridge, but close) and yesterday at the gym I saw zero people in masks out of maybe 60 or 70 people there.

We're in that fuzzy space between containment/mitigation and people just making judgment calls based on their own risk tolerance. For example I was traveling quite a bit and got a rapid test a few hours before going to a wedding just to be sure... but I'm not changing my day to day behavior after being vaxxed and not living with anyone who's high risk. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So now covid tests are a conspiracy theory too, fake?

They are definitely not 100% reliable, and there can be a change in result based on when you get tested. 

The CDC recently recommended the PCR test be retired...

It's certainly technically possible you have a regular cold, but I really doubt it, if what they say about delta is true.

15 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Plus, if delta is soooo contagious, then cases should be through the roof over the last month or so. But wait, we're not supposedly testing as much. If that's true, then wouldn't cdc recommend more testing? Have they reversed course on telling vaccinated to start getting tested again? First it was about protecting the elderly, now it's the kids. Round and round we go

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Tracking breakthrough cases and testing the vaccinated has a chilling effect on the storyline that the vaccines are incredibly effective and everyone must take them to save themselves and others.

We are seeing a bit of a narrative war now: get vaxxed so we can "end COVID," but even when vaxxed you will still get sick and spread the virus around which means COVID won't end.

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Tracking breakthrough cases and testing the vaccinated has a chilling effect on the storyline that the vaccines are incredibly effective and everyone must take them to save themselves and others.

We are seeing a bit of a narrative war now: get vaxxed so we can "end COVID," but even when vaxxed you will still get sick and spread the virus around which means COVID won't end.

If everyone gets vaxxed, then maybe it will just be vaccinated people passing along a COVID that is no more harmful than a run of the mill common cold?  Deaths and cases are clearly decoupling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If everyone gets vaxxed, then maybe it will just be vaccinated people passing along a COVID that is no more harmful than a run of the mill common cold?  Deaths and cases are clearly decoupling. 

That's fine if we stop with the casedemic nonsense. If deaths are already decoupling from cases, what even is the drive to vax all young kids, for example?

15 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I can't stand how thick Phin's skull is sometimes. No one cares about cases. It's about deaths and hospitalizations. Look at the data. People with vaccine less likely to die by huge margin. Get it through your thick skull

The politicians and CDC are issuing guidance and mandates based on cases. Plenty of people in power care about cases. You personally might not care about cases, but there you are with delta COVID even with your vax all the same. LOL

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

A friend of ours was pretty sick and he tested negative and then tested positive a few days later,  he was actually already starting to feel much better at that point though. 

The testing is so inaccurate. Someone on another forum had to test before going overseas and tested positive and wasn't sick. Lost $4k on his trip. So risky to travel right now, have to get insurance if you do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Got home from 18 holes yesterday. Slept from 3pm until 5:30am for work today.

Sinus infection, get some antibiotics and start using a Netti Pot

A couple of my vaccinated friends are sick and they are all doing the same thing, making up other mysterious illnesses and ailments to explain away their COVID symptoms. Is this some vaxxed-person coping mechanism? It's a good thing if you get mild COVID and recover easily. Why be scared of that?

I felt like crap for a couple days last week and immediately assumed it was delta COVID since it seemed to fit the pattern. It's just not a big deal.

39 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

A couple of my vaccinated friends are sick and they are all doing the same thing, making up other mysterious illnesses and ailments to explain away their COVID symptoms. Is this some vaxxed-person coping mechanism? It's a good thing if you get mild COVID and recover easily. Why be scared of that?

I felt like crap for a couple days last week and immediately assumed it was delta COVID since it seemed to fit the pattern. It's just not a big deal.

"why don't my friends just assume a cold is covid? Even though they test negative, why aren't they as mental as me?"

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Virtually everyone I know who tested positive for COVID had a runny nose and a week of no taste or smell. They described it as a cold, but with a week long lack of those two senses. A big meh for the most part.

• Like 1