Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

24 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The ol "pathogenic priming"?  That is one of the theories floating around among anti-vaxxers, and it's not as stupid as microchips and what not since ADE has actually been observed in prior vaccine(s).  No compelling evidence of it with the covid vaccines though.

This isn’t likely, at least on any scale. The reported breakthrough cases have been mostly mild. ADE usually manifests as really nasty effects.  This isn’t what’s been observed. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

If the Israel data is supported in other areas like the US, not sure how they will help the vaccine push effort.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

The US is currently being a lot less transparent about this topic. You can still get locked out of Twitter and Facebook for posting about this. 

Seems I recall an article or two.. .perhaps television  over the last whence discussing the unlikelihood of ever actually achieving "herd immunity". 

Dissenting attitudes and social distrust morass that runs rampant throughout the ever-schismatic zeitgeists ( ..uh, culturally fracturing - ) are forces not likely to overcome; combining with logistical challenges inherent to to 'reaching' so many enclaves with vaccine and survivor numbers, when dealing with 7 1/2 billion population mass, makes doing that fuzzy.  These were conceptualized...

Well ?   here we are ?

More mixed messaging. 
This morning Collins said that the main reason behind recommending vaxed people mask in areas of high spread  is to protect those who are un vaxed. UH, no sorry. I’m not wearing a face diaper to protect people who refuse a vax. People who have refused them don’t want one and dont care. I have little compunction to alter my lifestyle for people who voluntarily refuse something. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

More mixed messaging. 
This morning Collins said that the main reason behind recommending vaxed people mask in areas of high spread  is to protect those who are un vaxed. UH, no sorry. I’m not wearing a face diaper to protect people who refuse a vax. People who have refused them don’t want one and dont care. I have little compunction to alter my lifestyle for people who voluntarily refuse something. 

Desperate thrashing to keep the narrative going now. 

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

More mixed messaging. 

So far Lamont has held off re-issuing mask mandate, however it's "recommended"  I'm not wearing one until it's illegal to not do so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

So far Lamont has held off re-issuing mask mandate, however it's "recommended"  I'm not wearing one until it's illegal to not do so.

If it’s mandated here anywhere, they’ll have to ask me to leave because I’m not doing it anymore. 
Exceptions are work since they pay me, and airlines because I need to fly next week. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If it’s mandated here anywhere, they’ll have to ask me to leave because I’m not doing it anymore. 
Exceptions are work since they pay me, and airlines because I need to fly next week. 

I’m wearing it in stores until I get my negative tests and of course in airports.  When I’m away I will need to wear it indoors in stores etc.  

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m wearing it in stores until I get my negative tests and of course in airports.  When I’m away I will need to wear it indoors in stores etc.  

if I were traveling in your situation I would think about it for nothing else that I do not trust the PCR test. It can pop a positive if you inhale a couple of particles. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

if I were traveling in your situation I would think about it for nothing else that I do not trust the PCR test. It can pop a positive if you inhale a couple of particles. 

We are doing the rapid antigen tests.  Was that a good idea?   Both countries allow them

2 minutes ago, natedizel said:

For whatever its worth and probably not much, Americas favorite teddy bear says no lockdowns coming. Could he be right for once?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fauci-predicts-us-will-not-return-lockdowns-despite-delta-variant-risks-2021-08-01/

I don’t see why lockdowns would happen again. No one has the desire for that except some whackadoos.  

I'm open to suggestion ..

I'm not sure I get it/understand the connection between vaccinated population obligatory-atoning for un-vaccinated population ?   can that be explained to me. 

I'm curious what other points of view are on that specific ( sort of ..) morally ambiguous responsibility. Vaccinated are those that have done their part to ensure macro safety; to mandate them in order to protect those whom by their own election ( in the vaster majority ) refuse, is an imposition.  I'm sure there are those that are Kumbaya about it all and are willing to do so.. .but, ( imho - ) masks are not part of the biological imperative of human existence.  So which is the greater imposition ? I guess I'm tipping my hat as to my own attitude/answer to the question with this ending question.   

Granted there are rare exceptions, where one may not be able to take a vaccine - those individuals are excessively remote compared to the numbers/vitality of the whole, and because of their small numbers ... they/that really should not present any kind of logistical challenge in managing their safety.

So...just if we can exclude those exceptions - I'm not sure anyone vaccinated should be required, either by ethics or logic, to do anything. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not sure I get it/understand the connection between vaccinated population atoning for un-vaccinated population ?   can that be explained to me. 

I'm curious what other points of view are on that specific ( sort of ..) morally ambiguous responsibility. Vaccinated are those that have done their part to ensure macro safety; to mandate them in order to protect those whom by their own election ( in the vaster majority ) refuse, is an imposition.  I'm sure there are those that are Kumbaya about it all and are willing to do so.. .but, ( imho - ) masks are not part of the biological imperative of human existence.  So which is the greater imposition ? I guess I'm tipping my hat as to my own attitude/answer to the question with this ending question.   

Granted there are rare exceptions, where one may not be able to take a vaccine - those individuals are excessively remote compared to the vitality of the whole, and because of their small numbers ... they/that really should not present any kind of logistical challenge in managing their safety.

So...just if we can exclude those exceptions - I'm not sure anyone vaccinated should be required, either by ethics or logic, to do anything. 

I’m not sure why the narrative for the immunocompromised is different. My mother has had lupus for years. She watches it during flu season. She never expected that people would cater to her, nor even be aware. Same with my brother in law. When he had a bone marrow transplant for his AML, he masked up when he went out. Didn’t worry about other people around him. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I get it/understand the connection between vaccinated population obligatory-atoning for un-vaccinated population ?   can that be explained to me. 
Granted there are rare exceptions, where one may not be able to take a vaccine - those individuals are excessively remote compared to the numbers/vitality of the whole, and because of their small numbers ... they/that really should not present any kind of logistical challenge in managing their safety.

Same people that masked and vaxxed originally during the outbreak will have to do it again and hope that those who chose to do neither the first time will reconsider. Then we pray for science to deliver yet again and try not to hate those who refuse.

And Fauci said on This Week that masks shouldn’t be a choice. 

The best thing that the Biden admin  could do is to get rid of this guy or at least keep him off TV and send him back to his lab in Bethesda. 
He’s at best a divisive disaster and at worst just an old fool.

We can also keep ****ing around and be talking about this for the next 20 years as a national issue. Mask mandate, vaxx mandate needs to happen.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 4

14 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

We can also keep ****ing around and be talking about this for the next 20 years as a national issue. Mask mandate, vaxx mandate needs to happen.

We need to put the vaccinated into camps so you guys don’t spread the virus or fall prey to ADE from a variant. It’s the only way out of this pandemic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

24 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

Same people that masked and vaxxed originally during the outbreak will have to do it again and hope that those who chose to do neither the first time will reconsider. Then we pray for science to deliver yet again and try not to hate those who refuse.

Boy are you gonna be shocked when you find out that the vaccinated are spreading this around now. The local 6 pm news isn’t telling you this yet.