Total Members
    Most Online
    Enzo Campetella
    Newest Member
    Enzo Campetella
May Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

This feels like a once every 250 year kinda event, frankly. Back to back days like this? At the ass-end of May? 26+ degree departures on the low side from average highs? It's ****ing awful. 

I think this is the worst two day weather stretch of all time when you consider time of year, holiday weekend and averages.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

It is pretty shit. Needed the rain, but damn. Can't do a thing outside in this.

It’s been great weather for planting a tree actually- ground is soaked and easy to dig, temperature feels a lot more comfortable than yesterday (when I actually needed a hat and gloves!). I’ll take upper 50’s and drizzle vs planting in upper 80’s and sun anytime.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

It’s been great weather for planting a tree actually- ground is soaked and easy to dig, temperature feels a lot more comfortable than yesterday (when I actually needed a hat and gloves!). I’ll take upper 50’s and drizzle vs planting in upper 80’s and sun anytime.

Yeah good for yanking weeds too. I might go do that. Grass needs mowing though, and some other projects I want to get done are a no go when everything is saturated. Hopefully things dry out quickly later tonight and we wake up to sun tomorrow morning. Not sure how rapidly it clears out for eastern areas though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Love this weather!

I was running the 500k weed dragon Friday and I'd much prefer the chilly breeze and lower 60s (then) vs. upper 80s and sweating like a pig!

We're lucky, tomorrow should be clear and nice.  Not pool nice, but nice!  The H3 (Hot/Hazy/Humid) crap will probably be here for Independence Day pool parties!

2 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Brightened up and sun tried to come out but she lost the battle for now 

Here as well. The cicadas even started singing breafly. It didn't last long. It went back to thick low clouds and spotty drizzle. 

A respectable warm/hot period appears to be setting up beginning next weekend. Pretty strong WA high builds and looks to hang around for a while on the mean. Probably a solid stretch of temps 85-90 with dews on the high side. 

The latter part of this week still looks interesting with several chances of storms from late Wed - Friday along a slow moving front. Pretty impressive fetch of moisture between the trough moving in from the west and the high building over the Atlantic.

gfs_mslp_pwata_eus_17.png

gfs_midRH_eus_17.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

46 so far for the low this morning, which is pretty impressive. 1.97” of rain for the weekend and 4.49” for the month of May. 

The lawn has been salvaged for at least another few weeks, but the garden needs some sun and warmth.

My grass area is still thriving, along with the clover and whatever else grows out there. Usually starts to go downhill by mid June. I have been loosely following the fertilizing routine recommended by Jonathan Green. I just put down the summer stuff before the rain. See if it makes a difference. I think the problem here is a combo of not getting deep enough roots, very well drained soil, and the trees robbing moisture/nutrients once they become fully active.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

My grass area is still thriving, along with the clover and whatever else grows out there. Usually starts to go downhill by mid June. I have been loosely following the fertilizing routine recommended by Jonathan Green. I just put down the summer stuff before the rain. See if it makes a difference. I think the problem here is a combo of not getting deep enough roots, very well drained soil, and the trees robbing moisture/nutrients once they become fully active.

yep to all of that

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic