Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We can toss, it’s not likely . But the option is on the table for a inland elevated blue bomb that everyone can hate  . This is like 5 runs in a row of a strong coastal . Euro evolution can easily change . 

I didn’t see any EPS support at all . Even GEFS only have few members closer to coast

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I didn’t see any EPS support at all . Even GEFS only have few members closer to coast

Definitely , I don’t think this is likely . I talk about things that have like a 1/4 chance and I can do this without caring if it didn’t happen. Plus this would need to be a hugger to get max lift over higher elevations that could actually capitalize. This gfs run was 50 miles from burying Berks / Monads / whites  

The EPS is not that valuable as people act like it is when it comes to showcasing what could happen if things Evolve different than the OPS. I’ve seen the EPS changes all at once So many times when 5-6 days out on phasing systems . 

This is most likely a non story but it interests me more than temp talk , Stein talk and the like 

20 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Definitely , I don’t think this is likely . I talk about things that have like a 1/4 chance and I can do this without caring if it didn’t happen. Plus this would need to be a hugger to get max lift over higher elevations that could actually capitalize. This gfs run was 50 miles from burying Berks / Monads / whites  

The EPS is not that valuable as people act like it is when it comes to showcasing what could happen if things Evolve different than the OPS. I’ve seen the EPS changes all at once So many times when 5-6 days out on phasing systems . 

This is most likely a non story but it interests me more than temp talk , Stein talk and the like 

:stein:

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is some support, but even after taking away any snow, the gfs solution does not have a lot of support for a big coastal at the moment. It does look chilly for those in and up with those thicknesses. 

Install those window units.  Never too early to stare at those in the window all day.

All the snow talk…it needs to go. It’s May alright…we’re into climatology severe season. This means that historically we have better chances for severe weather than snow. Ok…so it might snow at 2K…big fooking deal. It’s snow in the mountains of Hawaii. When there is a snow threat in valleys or down to the coast in May…then we can talk. It’s severe weather now. He many big snow events we’ve had in May? How many severe weather? Severe weather > Snow in May. ITS SEVERE SEASON DAMNIT 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

All the snow talk…it needs to go. It’s May alright…we’re into climatology severe season. This means that historically we have better chances for severe weather than snow. Ok…so it might snow at 2K…big fooking deal. It’s snow in the mountains of Hawaii. When there is a snow threat in valleys or down to the coast in May…then we can talk. It’s severe weather now. He many big snow events we’ve had in May? How many severe weather? Severe weather > Snow in May. ITS SEVERE SEASON DAMNIT 

Equal chances for snow in May and Severe lol. Slim 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That is actually not true…at all. There have been more bigger severe weather events in May then snow. And even if you count snow showers or rain/snow mixes…severe still outweighs 

I’d imagine the ratio flips more the second half of May?  I honestly can think of a variety of early May snows but can’t remember a single widespread severe outbreak in the first week or two?  By Memorial Day weekend sure.

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That is actually not true…at all. There have been more bigger severe weather events in May then snow. And even if you count snow showers or rain/snow mixes…severe still outweighs 

I mean if I was in Western half of CT I would care more about severe .

Since my brother moved to Nashville last April I’ve followed it more with him 

• Like 1