Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Atlantic Hurricane season

On 8/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, ldub23 said:

On 8/10/2021 at 11:13 AM, ldub23 said:

I said AUG will have  1 or  2 weak storms.

15 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Well August produced 6 named storms and nearly a 7th that will form in the next day or so. Also produced 2 majors in the gulf. This season is on pace to be another doozy...

Btw didn't someone on here keep posting how August would only have 1 or 2 weak storms? Yeah their posts aged like milk 

Here you go! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here we go again. 2021 all over.
image.thumb.png.a8bf4a788781586ba313c780b45db0bc.png
Well piles of salt on that. Hypothetical surface trough that results in that GOM TC doesn't resolve until beyond 228 hrs out in an omega block pattern. Such patterns are chaotic and I wouldn't even bother giving much attention until it was at least something resolving in the medium range. If that block does occur though, it would keep the potential monster CV 'cane out in the Atlantic in a recurve, though Bermuda could still be threatened. Again though, those type of patterns are chaotic and could easily break down. It's early to mid September. I have little confidence such would persist unless we were in October/November.
  • Like 2

I'm still not concerned about Larry to be, but am somewhat more interested in what may happen a bit afterward. Way out in cartoonland, the 12Z EPS has an AEW that moves off Africa ~9/11 with many members remaining pretty weak but more importantly moving briskly westward. This may be a sign that it would move much further west than Larry. With it being La Nina or close to it, the climo of AEW's like this one says they have a better chance to get into the western basin than for other ENSO. That climo also says that AEWs that come off Africa through mid Sept., especially during La Nina, still often get pretty far west. Even so, it wouldn't be til 9/21+ that it could reach the CONUS based on this 9/15 map:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0360.png.085ea516e96bd7556350d2d45927f9c9.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cptcatz said:

Saving this post to come back to it in a month from now

Cool. Except for  a recurver to nowhere sept  is quite dead  on the  models. Unless a strong high builds  into the  NW ATL and stays  locked the season is  pretty  much over.

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 4

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

You said the same thing about August 

Just delayed a  month. Larry  is about  it and  i dont really  care about recurvers, sort  of  like mid atlantic snow  lovers  dont care about  blizzards  in Manitoba.

• Weenie 5

58 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

Cool. Except for  a recurver to nowhere sept  is quite dead  on the  models. Unless a strong high builds  into the  NW ATL and stays  locked the season is  pretty  much over

If the models were right all the time the 2020 season would have been dead and most of this season would be as well yet the complete opposite happened. 

Maybe you should stop filling up this thread with posts that obviously won't happen 

A few areas to watch as we go forward over the next two weeks:

1. Larry should continue moving westward and most likely recurve before any land masses but Bermuda and Atlantic Canada will have to keep an eye out

2. At least the next two waves coming off Africa after Larry, they will be moving into a favorable state with the CCKW passing overhead

3.  91L looks slightly better today in the SW Caribbean, wouldn't be surprised if we got a weak storm with this either before making landfall in Belize or in the BOC

4.  The GFS has started picking up on development of a low off the SE Coast spinning up off the trailing cold front from ex-Ida

5.  There is a non tropical low moving southward over the Azores, there is a very small chance of some tropical/sub tropical development here

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GaWx said:

I'm still not concerned about Larry to be, but am somewhat more interested in what may happen a bit afterward. Way out in cartoonland, the 12Z EPS has an AEW that moves off Africa ~9/11 with many members remaining pretty weak but more importantly moving briskly westward. This may be a sign that it would move much further west than Larry. With it being La Nina or close to it, the climo of AEW's like this one says they have a better chance to get into the western basin than for other ENSO. That climo also says that AEWs that come off Africa through mid Sept., especially during La Nina, still often get pretty far west. Even so, it wouldn't be til 9/21+ that it could reach the CONUS based on this 9/15 map:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0360.png.085ea516e96bd7556350d2d45927f9c9.png

Following up from yesterday: today's 12Z EPS has similar activity and may be the next AEW to watch closely in the CONUS for after 9/20:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0288.png.f20e2ec671037c2d426c361ab7468334.png

3 hours ago, madwx said:

A few areas to watch as we go forward over the next two weeks:

1. Larry should continue moving westward and most likely recurve before any land masses but Bermuda and Atlantic Canada will have to keep an eye out

2. At least the next two waves coming off Africa after Larry, they will be moving into a favorable state with the CCKW passing overhead

3.  91L looks slightly better today in the SW Caribbean, wouldn't be surprised if we got a weak storm with this either before making landfall in Belize or in the BOC

4.  The GFS has started picking up on development of a low off the SE Coast spinning up off the trailing cold front from ex-Ida

5.  There is a non tropical low moving southward over the Azores, there is a very small chance of some tropical/sub tropical development here

JB jumps  on the dead sept  train. I didnt think it would  happen when the consensus was the east  coast was at risk. Just the  opposite  pattern set  up. Either a recurve  or  just too hostile for  anything. My guess is the negative  NAO will reverse  just  in time for  winter  however.

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi·1hJuly 27 made forecastfor hyper August in tropics. I think we can agree it had merit. Well now some good news!  Opposite pattern setting up so September much less active relative to averages as far impact,  Does not mean nothing at all, but relative to averages less than Aug
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ldub23 said:

JB jumps  on the dead sept  train. I didnt think it would  happen when the consensus was the east  coast was at risk. Just the  opposite  pattern set  up. Either a recurve  or  just too hostile for  anything. My guess is the negative  NAO will reverse  just  in time for  winter  however.

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi·1hJuly 27 made forecastfor hyper August in tropics. I think we can agree it had merit. Well now some good news!  Opposite pattern setting up so September much less active relative to averages as far impact,  Does not mean nothing at all, but relative to averages less than Aug

JB is a joke. He said Henri would be a Cat 2 hurricane and cause devastating impacts in New England.

If he says September will be quiet then watch out.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, GaWx said:

Following up from yesterday: today's 12Z EPS has similar activity and may be the next AEW to watch closely in the CONUS for after 9/20:

ecmen_12_mslps_ta_h_0288.png.f20e2ec671037c2d426c361ab7468334.png

Still watching this timeframe as the 0Z EPS still has something coming off Africa ~9/11:

ecmen_00_mslps_ta_h_0258.png.914226af857322c89d0a41f862c82daf.png

End of the run:

ecmen_00_mslps_ta_h_0360.png.b84a034e58dd481c12646a9971607795.png

• Like 1

12Z Euro, like the 0Z Euro, has a TS just off the coast of Africa 9/11. This is consistent with the EPS runs I’ve been posting. Note how strong the central Atlantic high is to the NNW of it. If that were to verify, this likely wouldn’t recurve early and may even soon after this start moving WSW for a period, which would be a warning signal as Yaakov ( @jconsor) and I have noted, especially with the La Nina(ish) ENSO:

BC065425-E491-4A91-90DD-51C44DC0934B.png.afdeee9b00093fb48eb73dfb9e9e70b2.png

• Like 2