• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

Spring Banter

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It sucks down here in suburban MD now, TBH. Kinda hate coming back here since we bought in NNH. Headed to FL soon and then the beach to get that vibe back a little.

I was about to leave last early Saturday morning for "Cars and Coffee " OUTSIDE car cruise  held at Hunt valley mall's huge outdoor parking lot year around and for the heck of it looked up the hosting car  clubs website and it said canceled till further notice.  I was actually shocked ( not really) but sort of...its freaking outside for the love of God . This crap has got to stop . It's been 13 months.  Nothing is rational or has common sense with these restrictions.  My friends and family are effing fed up with this nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sports ...Anyone 

most underrated NBA players 

Stockton and Rodman come to mind 

Favorite NFL WR’s 

Moss - beat speed and feet ever 

Underrated NBA: Chris Mullen

Fav NFL WR: Marvin Harrison, Moss, Bruce

Fav Steroid Era MLB: Bagwell, Piazza, Griffey

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Eh’ not surprising really.  
An endemic virus will be the final outcome. 

I figured all along they would run out of demand long before they ran out of supply.

Next question, do they try to force more demand or just accept it as is and open 'er up?

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Underrated NBA: Chris Mullen

NFL: Marvin Harrison, Moss, Bruce

Steroid Era MLB: Bagwell

Greatest show on Turf w Isaac Bruce . I really liked the Kurt Warner story 

Manny was my Favorite hitter , him and Clutch Ortiz back to back was something special

Steroid Era: Barry Bonds was one of a hundred plus hitters juiced and he was head and shoulders above everyone else at age 38

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sports ...Anyone 

most underrated NBA players 

Stockton and Rodman come to mind 

Favorite NFL WR’s 

Moss - beat speed and feet ever 

Sportsball!  

How’s about Prince Phillip and DMX checking out on the same day?  That’s some shit to discuss! 

:o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Greatest show on Turf w Isaac Bruce . I really liked the Kurt Warner story 

Manny was my Favorite hitter , him and Clutch Ortiz back to back was something special

Steroid Era: Barry Bonds was one of a hundred plus hitters juiced and he was head and shoulders above everyone else at age 38

Yeah Manny is probably in the top 5 greatest hitters that ever played, steroids or not. I really miss those days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Yeah Manny is probably in the top 5 greatest hitters that ever played, steroids or not. I really miss those days

One of the greatest home run swings of all time. 

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I don’t mean that was the greatest, he just had one of the best home run swings.  

Pound for pound he had probably the most powerful swing in the league . Manny was not a very big dude . He hit balls 475 feet . That one in the video was a straight BOMB. Crushed to all fields. 

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sportsball!  

How’s about Prince Phillip and DMX checking out on the same day?  That’s some shit to discuss! 

Who will be #3?

30 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Eh’ not surprising really.  
An endemic virus will be the final outcome. 

Yeah I mean after all this .. there’s a reel palpable stench of not taking this seriously ... I wonder if a kind of culture war between those sort of incredulous and absent of urgency and feel an imposition vs those not getting sick lol 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This couldn’t be more true.  The best 3-4 hitter clutch combo for the Sox.

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I don't like the Israel comparison. They are basically a police-state with literal border walls and checkpoints all over the place. Also very tiny country.

Small country but most people including those occupied and oppressed ignore the authorities.  It’s also densely populated.   I think it’s a reasonable example.  No one at any checkpoint is checking temperatures...lol.

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sportsball!  

I figured Prince Phillip had a few more seconds left in him

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I figured Prince Phillip had a few more seconds left in him

Imagine him and DMX checking in at Thug Mansion together?

• Haha 1

Day 1 after the Moderna shot 

Sore shoulder

I can't lift my arm up. My mom has chills and pains.

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ah interesting. I mean the schools sound like some around here, but most of what you stated doesn't seem all that much different to be honest.  If you don't go to church or have kids in school... your life is probably pretty similar. I followed most folks' advice from way back and don't watch MSM... just put a mask on inside, and go about life. 

It definitely seems like something where the more one dwells on COVID and thinks about it, the more space it takes up in one's life.  I guess there are stressors on both sides of the aisle... from folks worried about COVID, to the folks worried about the worrying over COVID.  Can't control how others think and feel, but I do agree with you that going from NNE chill to suburbia high-strung energy must be a shock.  No more kumbaya listening to live music on a June-like Friday evening.

I realize you guys are just on-going through colloquy on the matter to pass time ...nor asking for a rant.  But duh?  Isn't this ( bold above) exactly what the "MSM," ( did you mean MSN ? )  ... CNN's, Fox News, CNBC, FB ( before they "supposedly" grew a conscience)  wanted all along?

( right now you're going, 'yeah yeah, we know.'  But I still wanna rant lol -)

The day the "Industrialized media conglomerate" figured out how to convert thumb swiping these filthy germ glazed portable devises ( or mouse clicks ) into money, we were doomed.  We haven't seen or heard veracity hailing from the Code of Journalistic Integrity since.  That all begin technically when the Internet began to slope humanity.  But now?  There so much deception that ( ironically ..) it is like a virus that fools the immune system such that the immune system can't see through the mimicry. 

The target audience, 7.5 billion 'photo-electrically addicted cattle' of the world, most probably don't even knows what that code is any more. But Journalism Ethics and Standards was supposed to ensure no bias, hence, trusted information. I even catch NPR 'spinning' ... but CNN and FOX are just unreadable. Here's the scary part: more than 50% of the biomass that takes in their "designs on reality", believe it out of device box. They are like little birdbrains sitting in a nest with their beaks open pointing at the sky at all times, waiting for CNN and FOX news to swoop in and drop another "kernel worm" of bird food information.  (Gee, how do you really feel lol)

It's not all that hopeless. I mean, though there is a lot of distrust, that's really a sign that objectivity must exist out there in more and less measure. When was the last time anyone's "trusted" shit?  In fact, 'social trust' is a key detrimental factor that is tearing at civility; we live in a very schismatic time... with fringe ideologies using the web to formulate these cultural islets - and that's whole 'nother digression at sociological scales that starts in the imagination and end in anarchy. 

We need consequences for bad decisions.  Modern convenience ... wipes the ass of bad decisions - ultimately, enables people's break from consensus norms that always were based in common sense, if not instincts, ...certainly heritage method and culture of ways and means that actually worked toward proactive survival. All that is missing in the butt-wipe convenience of modernity, that affords people the ability for "recreational outrage," ...and these media sources want you outraged, ... so you keep glued in.  

Turning the Pandemic's interminable ability for fear and infinitum of ways in which a prone civility can be jolted into a profit cow, HA!  - it really all came along at the perfect time in history.  ...  decades of wicking the system to the point of near mass delusion, and most per capita addicted, then the Pandemic happens ... Oh, its real!   I am meandering a little in my point here, but this is what drives paranoid conspiracy theorists into orbit ...where is that profit going? 

We probably really just went through the greatest transfer of wealth from one sector of western economics to another, in history.  And those that received it ... they really should give it all back- or they are greedy with no redeeming value at all.  0. And though there isn't a hard conspiracy ... it's like the Bobby Axelrod affect - you really wanna keep that in entertainment and not have those types really pulling the levers of society.

11 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Fav local players: Ortiz, Martinez, Bird, Brady

Honorable Mention: Bergeron, Pierce

I agree with that 100%, if we're talking this generation. All time its Orr, Bird, Pedro, Brady. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Day 1 after the Moderna shot 

Sore shoulder

I can't lift my arm up. My mom has chills and pains.

Seems those who had the Vid before get the most symptoms.  I had both shots and didn't feel a thing.

• Like 3

There'll probably be a bit of as surge in vax counts.. post ~ April 15 at a national scale.

I think I've read or heard chirps that states overall are opening up to the main bell curve mass of population  - or the remainder after the vulnerable ( comorbs) and AARP+ age groups have had their chance to get poked. 

But ... there's some recent idea whether a lot in the 16 to 55 age range will even opt to get the vaccine? 

The news media machine et al could be manufacturing a 'crisis there, that isn't as significant though ... again ..and again, and again and again ...because they need lies to maintain operating cost and pad the sociopathic wallots of their Industrial captains.. But, somewhere in their 'social engineering' tactics there are kernels of truth ...  We just don't know if there's really that many %, in theatage range, that are going to hide from immunization of this .. ?

I bet we see a surge in vax counts though.

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ah interesting. I mean the schools sound like some around here, but most of what you stated doesn't seem all that much different to be honest.  If you don't go to church or have kids in school... your life is probably pretty similar. I followed most folks' advice from way back and don't watch MSM... just put a mask on inside, and go about life. 

It definitely seems like something where the more one dwells on COVID and thinks about it, the more space it takes up in one's life.  I guess there are stressors on both sides of the aisle... from folks worried about COVID, to the folks worried about the worrying over COVID.  Can't control how others think and feel, but I do agree with you that going from NNE chill to suburbia high-strung energy must be a shock.  No more kumbaya listening to live music on a June-like Friday evening.

My business and one of our customers has already been sued over "COVID protocols," and other businesses are dealing with the same exact issue. Many lawsuits are working through the system with new and untested COVID-related statutes on the books in cities and states.

So whether I want to "dwell" on it or not, I have to think about it very realistically at a large scale on a regular basis, probably more than just about anyone else here, assuming most here can just worry about themselves, or maybe their immediate family.

Trust me, I wish I could just hang out at the mountain all day drinking session IPAs and strumming a guitar. LOL

• Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Seems those who had the Vid before get the most symptoms.  I had both shots and didn't feel a thing.

I've been hearing that too but don't have a scientific survey to confirm. I haven't had it so my shot so should be a piece of cake.

Mom has a fever. 101.

I have bad shoulder pain and chills

And to think this is the 1st shot

I don't even want to know how the 2nd will react