• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2021

George BM

Popped this Bitter Valentine from Alewerks Brewing Co, based in Williamsburg, VA, while taking in some hoops early last evening. Ironically enough, I passed on this one and grabbed the Three Notch'd tripel while crawling Wegman's beer section on Friday (I dismissed this one as "leftover holiday themed" beer), but then this caught Mrs. V's eye on HER weekly grocery run to Weggy's yesterday afternoon and she grabbed the last of it. Happy to report my initial judgment was off the mark and that this is a great double IPA...hoppy but not overly so, finishes smooth without too much aftertaste and to top it off, has that awesome "Pouty Cupid" label artwork. Based on this trial alone, thinking about a day trip to visit the Alewerks mothership in Williamsburg perhaps during spring break week...

PXL_20210321_000546224.NIGHTa.thumb.jpg.ba25cbb90695d70cc8180e782db57423.jpgPXL_20210321_000630173.NIGHTa.thumb.jpg.8efb551fec35ac248006a4797e2d8b29.jpg 

• Like 2

Finally tried wooboi chicken. Went to the Alexandria location. The ‘code blue’ heat level is a blend of bhut jolokia, Carolina reaper, and Trinidad scorpion peppers. It kicked my a$$. The level 3 heat was pleasant and the chicken taste great w the comeback sauce. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snowfan said:

Finally tried wooboi chicken. Went to the Alexandria location. The ‘code blue’ heat level is a blend of bhut jolokia, Carolina reaper, and Trinidad scorpion peppers. It kicked my a$$. The level 3 heat was pleasant and the chicken taste great w the comeback sauce. 

I had to go look that place up and wow it looks amazing. I’ll have to stop in there next time up around that way

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mappy said:

A little taste of normalcy this morning with enrolling the kiddo in before/after care for the fall school year

We had all four of our vaccinated parents over for dinner on Saturday and hung out without masks. Was really nice.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

We had all four of our vaccinated parents over for dinner on Saturday and hung out without masks. Was really nice.

Yay! We finalized Easter plans with my mom, since she's fully vaccinated. Cannot wait for her traditional Lebanese foods

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, mappy said:

Yay! We finalized Easter plans with my mom, since she's fully vaccinated. Cannot wait for her traditional Lebanese foods

Hey my wife is Lebanese and her folks just got vaccinated.  We too are going to see them over Easter and I can't wait for the traditional Lebanese feast that is in store. Sahtayn!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

Hey my wife is Lebanese and her folks just got vaccinated.  We too are going to see them over Easter and I can't wait for the traditional Lebanese feast that is in store. Sahtayn!!!

Sweet!!! What else do you guys eat? Our usual menu is: Lamb, tabbouleh, kibbeh, spanakopita, dolmades, and more olives, hummus and feta then I can eat. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sweet!!! What else do you guys eat? Our usual menu is: Lamb, tabbouleh, kibbeh, spanakopita, dolmades, and more olives, hummus and feta then I can eat. 

Usually for Easter, it's lamb, tabbouleh, sfeehas, dolmades, hummus, baba ganoush, fattoush, and lebanese rice.  If we're lucky she'll also make kanafeh (cheese dessert).  She makes her own pita bread as well.  It is unbelievable.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

Usually for Easter, it's lamb, tabbouleh, sfeehas, dolmades, hummus, baba ganoush, fattoush, and lebanese rice.  If we're lucky she'll also make kanafeh (cheese dessert).  She makes her own pita bread as well.  It is unbelievable.  Enjoy!

I need to tell my mom to step up her game to include homemade pita with her homemade hummus. Enjoy as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@nj2va can't wait for this (from this afternoon's LWX AFD)  :lol: 

Conditions will turn slightly cooler, but still remain well above
average behind that system. Temperatures this upcoming weekend are
forecast to reach into the 60s to near 70. Saturday looks like a
quiet weather day, but the next system will move into the area by
later Sunday. Much colder air will surge into the area behind that
system, with upslope snow possible in the mountains by later Sunday
night.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1