Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Officially 21. Time for me to start taking your guys’ beer recommendations. Does that make it eight years since I started posting in this forum? That’s scary.

Wow... I thought you were a little bit older... like 24/25 lol.  Happy Birthday btw :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Officially 21. Time for me to start taking your guys’ beer recommendations. Does that make it eight years since I started posting in this forum? That’s scary.

Happy Birthday!  Have a great day today.  And beer is overrated...cocktails, wine, and spiked seltzer is where its at.  Sorry Scraff :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Small world!  Another person who uses the same month and day on the birth date section of forms!

What is it with so many late March birthdays?  I obviously include my own in that, but I and the wombmate should have showed up in April.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

OH MY I am over the moon tonight! This Immune Compromised lady just got an invitation to a vaccination clinic at the Frederick Department of Health for tomorrow morning!!!

We filled out the intent form back in January and found out only around 20,000 Fred Co residents signed up, so looks like they are moving quickly as my group was not supposed to even be available till next Tuesday. 

YAY SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

• Like 1

Woke up and immediately tried to schedule a vax appointment for a friend of my in-laws who is Phase 2A, not computer savvy, and very nervous about contracting COVID.  Seems like several  of the websites haven't been updated quite yet to reflect that MD is in Phase 2A as of now.  Also, the mass vax sites now require pre-registration.  In the end, I BSed a bit to say she was still Phase 1 and got her an appointment at a CVS.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Woke up and immediately tried to schedule a vax appointment for a friend of my in-laws who is Phase 2A, not computer savvy, and very nervous about contracting COVID.  Seems like several  of the websites haven't been updated quite yet to reflect that MD is in Phase 2A as of now.  Also, the mass vax sites now require pre-registration.  In the end, I BSed a bit to say she was still Phase 1 and got her an appointment at a CVS.  

shame you had to do that to get them an appointment they are qualified for. you'd think the state would have had their website ready to go for appointments today. smh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

shame you had to do that to get them an appointment they are qualified for. you'd think the state would have had their website ready to go for appointments today. smh.

The state site maybe was ready, but the CVS/Walgreens/Safeway sites definitely weren't.  I didn't go through pre-registration at the mass vax site for her.  

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

This "game over " ..."winter over "crap gets old .

Dude . You called the game with 15 minutes left .Kinda like the equivalent of calling winter on February 28th .

Let it play out. We ALL knew Md had a tall hill to climb 2nd half but far from impossible.  

Setting the winter thing aside, everyone knew that game was over. I’m not the only one that said it even on here. It’s all good. It was a good season all considering. They went further than just about anybody expected coming into the season. They just ran into a more athletic and a lot better shooting team. At least last night anyway. 

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The state site maybe was ready, but the CVS/Walgreens/Safeway sites definitely weren't.  I didn't go through pre-registration at the mass vax site for her.  

Ahhh that makes sense. The pharmacies are part of the federal grant for vaccines and doing vaccinations their own way. Either way, glad you were able to get the appointment!

• Like 2

Checked out the covidLINK site this morning to see if they added additional information for Phase 2B, and they did. The link for underlying medical conditions takes you to the CDC guidance page for health issues at greatest risk. That is here for those looking to see if they are eligible: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

Marylanders ages 16+ with underlying medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19 illness

Marylanders ages 16+ with disabilities who are receiving SSI or SSDI benefits, Maryland Medicaid EID individuals, Maryland Medicaid REM recipients, and Marylanders receiving TDAP benefits

Marylanders receiving long term services and supports through the state’s Medicaid waiver and state plan services (learn more)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Small world!  Another person who uses the same month and day on the birth date section of forms!

What is it with so many late March birthdays?  I obviously include my own in that, but I and the wombmate should have showed up in April.

Mine is on Thursday this week!  Yeah, seems like a lot of March birthdays, or maybe I just notice more because mine is then.  But I know 4 other people well (friends/family) who also have birthdays in March!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Dang, a youngin...happy birthday.  Honestly I didnt start getting into the crazy craft beers until i was about 26-27. My go to at 21 was captain and coke. Never did like the domestic beers, still dont. What type of beer do you prefer? Or are you still trying to acquire the taste lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Dang, a youngin...happy birthday.  Honestly I didnt start getting into the crazy craft beers until i was about 26-27. My go to at 21 was captain and coke. Never did like the domestic beers, still dont. What type of beer do you prefer? Or are you still trying to acquire the taste lol

I thought it's more that at that age (early 20s) we're too poor to afford the good stuff still, so settle for whatever one can get!!  I still vaguely remember in college that getting Michelob was a treat (compared to the other sh*t beers you normally can get at the student bars)!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I thought it's more that at that age (early 20s) we're too poor to afford the good stuff still, so settle for whatever one can get!!  I still vaguely remember in college that getting Michelob was a treat (compared to the other sh*t beers you normally can get at the student bars)!! :lol:

Lol yeah thats true but I just couldnt acquire the taste for beer at that age. Never liked the domestics and still dont. Prefer the full bodied heavy beers but I didnt know it until I was about 26-27 lol. So I would typically buy a small bottle of captain and lug that around at a party:lol:. Didnt go to all that many though, wasnt my scene

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Mine is on Thursday this week!  Yeah, seems like a lot of March birthdays, or maybe I just notice more because mine is then.  But I know 4 other people well (friends/family) who also have birthdays in March!

Now it's getting weird....mine's this Thursday, too.  :) 

• Like 2

Just now, vastateofmind said:

The part that gets tougher each year, is remembering how many times I've turned 29 now...  :D 

Hahaha!!  I was just thinking the same thing!  Now when you start using anniversaries of your 39th, you know you're getting along there!! :lol:  Or when the number of times you've turned 29 is now legally of age to drink!

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic