Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

8 hours ago, nj2va said:

I am definitely burning my mask when we don’t have to wear them inside. I personally hate them. If you still want to wear it, all for it. I just don’t want to be required by the government. 

I get it, they are annoying. In many cases the requirement comes from local institutions and businesses. The school where I teach developed a COVID protocol based mostly on CDC guidelines, and has followed all state level mandates. Lecturing in a mask is not fun, but I do it, and given there are 12 people sitting in front of me who all come from different states, it seems the prudent thing to do for all involved. Also, there are other things the government requires me to do that I have bigger complaints about, but I wont go there lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Wanting to hear the first roll of spring thunder. This will do until that time comes. 

I love sound apps!  I like Relax Melodies on iOS.  You can mash up sounds together (and control the volume of each sound in the mashup) - e.g. pair thunderstorm with ocean waves crashing.  The only annoying thing is they just added a ‘premium/paid’ tier so they moved a lot of their sounds to the paid option.  Still have about 15 or 20 sounds for free.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

I think the difference is we are in late March, not June or July. March tends to be windy, but we don't always see the high dewpoints/instability. In this case the upper dynamics are going to pass pretty far north with the low, so precip chances are pretty paltry with meager pwats down here. We will be in a strong pressure gradient with the high building in behind though, so we get that warm, dry W/SW wind with some impressive gusts.

Oh I agree with the setup...I was just agreeing with Zen that its a bit unusual

I’ve asked three times now.  Nicely. And Respectfully.  Why are y’all going to make me do things i don’t want or should need to do?  It’s like Adam and Eve. You can have all the fruit in the land.  Just not THAT one. Literally anything else, thousands of fruit,  is fair game.  

<goes for the apple>. 
F780E8B3-C581-4C3B-96A0-8684C8F023DF.gif

We all know cherries are the best fruit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

I love sound apps!  I like Relax Melodies on iOS.  You can mash up sounds together (and control the volume of each sound in the mashup) - e.g. pair thunderstorm with ocean waves crashing.  The only annoying thing is they just added a ‘premium/paid’ tier so they moved a lot of their sounds to the paid option.  Still have about 15 or 20 sounds for free.

TIP:  We've had Google Home speakers and Nest Hubs scattered about the house for the past several years, but I only just found this year that they have a set of 14 ambient/relaxing sounds (e.g., thunderstorm, wind, water/waves, fire crackling, fan noise, etc.) built into them. Alexa, of course, has a bunch of these, too. For Google Home, you can find out what those sounds are, and how to ask for them here:

Relax with your Google Nest or Home speaker or display - Google Nest Help

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

I was there for that one too!!!!      I also was on the news as a proud participant for the "running of the urinals".  There really was no better tradition than that.  

Some times when I look back and ask my self.. when was I the happiest? What was "peak" my "pinnacle"?  I often think back to that day.

IMHO they actually completely ruined Preakness when they stopped letting people bring in their own cans.

it's like the beginning of dances with wolves...sort of

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, H2O said:

you need to lego of this notion that cherries are the best fruit.  And this surprises me.  Figured grapes would be.  

i see what you did there

30 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Hard to take the key lime lovers seriously. Might even be ban worthy. Don’t need that many mods in the off-season anyway :)

fine with me. wont have to deal with stupid political posts anymore. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic