Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

THats probably what it is. No real sign of a huge ridge forming like 2012 or 2010...but that could change later when we get closer to mid-month so we’ll see. 

But it’s probably just going to be torture...lots of 40s and 50s watching the pack slowly melt/sublimate. 

Heh ... sounds like April’s from when we were young. 

btw .. I figure for Kevin speaking hyperbole but I never “promised” a torchy March.  I merely wanted to open to discussion citing clad statistical/ .. scientific reason to suggest that may evolve - pertain to the spring as a total character specifically being unlike the last several  

But he is right - it would help to actually see it on the charts LOL. 

Frankly I’m interested in that sneaky northern stream trying to carve back against the flow …

And actually the GFS also has a bowling ball out there after that too

heh cept I don’t trust the GFS in this scenario though at all. It’s native bias is intrinsically going to fight seasonal change let alone the things discussed just because of its northern domination

Some of you folks need to have some winter hobbies, besides model watching.  Skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, Ice fishing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing etc etc.  These activities will go on for most of March..regardless of whether there’s anymore snow in the forecast here or not.    Get out and enjoy the snow.  If need be head north when it’s gone here, and enjoy it.  If you do..it’ll be April before you know it.  And then you’ll only have one crap month to endure, instead of two. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Some of you folks need to have some winter hobbies, besides model watching.  Skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, Ice fishing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing etc etc.  These activities will go on for most of March..regardless of whether there’s anymore snow in the forecast here or not.    Get out and enjoy the snow.  If need be head north when it’s gone here, and enjoy it.  If you do..it’ll be April before you know it.  And then you’ll only have one crap month to endure, instead of two. 

Is it ok if we just model watch as a hobby? Some of us just like that and not all the other stuff. Thanks Wolfie

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wx2fish said:

Definitely seems that way watching the Pittsburg obs. There haven't been many of the surprise 6"+ upslope events. Despite the late start, they seem to be salvaging a decent snowmobile season. The lack of thaws certaintly is helping the trails. There should be some upslope this week with all the systems moving through. 

in Pittsburg this week. trails are definitely thin in spots. The snowcover is of the light and fluffy variety, so trails look like they get washed out not long after the groomer goes by. up at elevation there is a ton of snow so it’s better up high. A lot of treble, not a lot of bass, as the cool kids say.

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Glad we don’t live there. We’ll be 95% melted out by tomorrow night. 100% melted out by Wednesday afternoon. 

Unless we get a warm cutter or some prolonged 50s/60s, the pack here is going to put up a long battle. High water content...had 16-17” coming into today. Didn’t lose much. 

So I’m rooting for the rogue early March storm to find a way...but I’m not optimistic at the moment. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It’s been noticeable with the lack of solid upslope periods after a storm passes. 1/17 was good for that. 2/1 was basically devoid of wind despite having a decent low in the GOM. 

It's been noticeable here in Central NY as well. We get some of our best snows on the back side of Lows on those NW winds blowing over Lake Ontario. Barely at 50% of average snowfall for the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

We are planning to not be around much in late April and May. I am expecting cold and wet. The “epic NNE pattern” will likely come then. Storm after storm at 37 degrees. 

So in the bad times you will slither your way back to MD, Ok, I see how you roll now.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s not a true New Englander at all lol...only uses our area for what he wants. Then fleas to The warm Mid Atlantic for early spring...what a wussy. Lol. 

Lets see how he enjoys May-June with the black flies and the the no seeums when he comes up, They don't care what blood type you are or what part of the country your from, They bite equally without preference, ha ha.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s not a true New Englander at all lol...only uses our area for what he wants. Then fleas to The warm Mid Atlantic for early spring...what a wussy. Lol. 

I have subjected my wife to a full NNE winter, and she drew the line at us avoiding mud season for the most part. Seemed like a fair trade. LOL

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lets see how he enjoys May-June with the black flies and the the no seeums when he comes up, They don't care what blood type you are or what part of the country your from, They bite equally without preference, ha ha.

and then the horseflies in July

• Haha 1