Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Matt is going out on a real limb by saying the we are almost through the worst winter period....that can be said just about every year at this time.  In following Matt's lead I am also going out on a limb. I think by late August  we will be through the worst summer period. ...just a hunch......

you'd be surprised how many of intellects out there read that and its obviousness does not occur to them ;)

• Like 2

Just now, George001 said:

Yeah I see where I went wrong now, the higher MEI values were in April, up from -.8 in March. Going by MEI that Nina was weak, ONI it was weak borderline moderate during the WINTER of 2018 lol

Yep. You will get used to all of this. You have a good foundation of knowledge from which to build.

• Like 3

I dunno... hard to ignore the EPS' trending that mid range SE height menace... It's not hugely incremental... sneaking up, maybe like 2 or 3 dm per 12 hour cycle... but should this get much more anomalous we're likely to just see that D5 through D7.5 or 8 end up SE of a wavy stationary freak frontal zone, se of which reside securely inside a dry continental spring conveyor of that deserty 70 F thing - relax !  It's not there yet ..but there's no part of the hemispheric present footprint of La Nina spring and teleconnectors on top that screams that won't happen just the same. I'd like to see the 576 get closer to NYC ... if/when that happens, that's when the operational run has 82 at Albanty lol

image.thumb.png.800b5e5edd0972243ffd591a694e9687.png

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno... hard to ignore the EPS' trending that mid range SE height menace... It's not hugely incremental... sneaking up, maybe like 2 or 3 dm per 12 hour cycle... but should this get much more anomalous we're likely to just see that D5 through D7.5 or 8 end up SE of a wave stationary freak frontal zone securely inside a dry continental spring conveyor of that deserty 70 thing - relax !  It's not there yet ..but there's no part of the hemispheric present footprint of La Nina spring and teleconnectors on top that screams that won't happen just the same. I'd like to see the 576 get closer to NYC ... if/when that happens, that's when the operational run has 82 at Albanty lol

image.thumb.png.800b5e5edd0972243ffd591a694e9687.png

Yeah that could send you in front of Fox Hall, so long the srfc boundary doesn't hang up to the south. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that could send you in front of Fox Hall, so long the srfc boundary doesn't hang up to the south. 

well... not as is - maybe... Not quite Fox Hall territory... Again, I'd like to see the 576 close the gap on NYC.  We all have our ways and means but for these early attempts at spring balm pattern looks that's sort of index finger rule for me personally... Shy of that cons into thinking utopia but delivers necks kissed by skies of drab shit spray weather - mmm sign me up!

no thanks... close tho

Well there is... Even in that D5, 12z operational Euro depiction, which likely evolves the best plausible outcome for Sunday, there is a frontal structure extending from Indiana to Cape Hatteras..

It's one of these deals where the sun is strong 'ish now and getting stronger, and that Euro run places us so far N of the boundary that we can cash in on lingering modest positive anomaly at 850 mb thermal layout, with light winds under DVM probably keeping it on the sunnier side ...at least though mid or late afternoon. 

Agreed, that may be an optimistic outlier - ahh, on Feb 28th...just maaaaybe so huh?

You have to forgive me - once we get passed Feb 15 every year, I track these early winter napalm, nape gem days like their actual snow storms before that time.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Torch!

While you are having Lesco dreams, and thinking of playing badminton in your speedo on the front lawn in early March, you will undoubtedly be the first person to be pushing people out of the way to get a front row seat on winter bus, as it revs up one more time for that 12" blue bomb special. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dryslot said:

Lets see how he enjoys May-June with the black flies and the the no seeums when he comes up, They don't care what blood type you are or what part of the country your from, They bite equally without preference, ha ha.

omg.  OMG.  O. M. G.  The black flies are horrific.  Never have I ever been in a place where I can't outrun a freakin' fly.  They draft behind your head, ala NASCAR, and then make you go yelping down the path at top speed flailing your arms about like an absolute lunatic when they bore a hole in your neck.  OMG.  And the bite itches and hurts for hours.  The idyllic Vermont scenes on the Hallmark Channel never prepared me for this BS.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...the worst of winter is behind us, tell us something we don’t know Noyes.

39 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

JB thinks more snow is on the way moving forward 

Mets really going out on a limb today.  Worst of winter is likely over...and thinking it may snow again on Feb 23rd.

4 minutes ago, das said:

omg.  OMG.  O. M. G.  The black flies are horrific.  Never have I ever been in a place where I can't outrun a freakin' fly.  They draft behind your head, ala NASCAR, and then make you go yelping down the path at top speed flailing your arms about like an absolute lunatic when they bore a hole in your neck.  OMG.  And the bite itches and hurts for hours.  The idyllic Vermont scenes on the Hallmark Channel never prepared me for this BS.

Blackflies are easily outrun, though there may be even more of them where you run to.  It's the deerflies that are barely subsonic- hyperbole but I've watched squadrons pacing my vehicle at 20+ mph.  And while mosquitos sip daintily thru their straw and blackflies merely scrape enough skin so they can lap up their lunch, a deerfly bite feels like the beast has carved off a slab and flown off with it.  I did learn that if one stands still (feeding the smaller pests) the deerflies lose interest.  It's like T.Rex in Jurassic Park - those little horrors feel like they have similar dental equipment though on a smaller scale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3