• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest

Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree this is likely a forum divider (again) but it wouldn’t shock me if some decent snow sneaks in closer to Baltimore then normal given the low track. There are some pretty rare ancillary circumstances.  I’ve never seen a snowfall gradient like this year across our area before. I was looking at a snowfall % of normal map yesterday and across our area goes from much below normal right through the urban core to solidly above normal in the Catoctin area and along the PA line.  

Lack of true cold hurt much of the time, and then there was bad luck/timing with the block that led to suppression/shredding of waves that could have been good events for southern/eastern areas. I guess I cant complain too much. I have just over 12", which is more than 12 times the snow from last winter lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There are plenty they just tend not to brag about the median income of their county!

Kinda Iike bragging about 45" of snow....it's the same but not really

• Haha 5

This is a crappy setup.  It just moves in too quick for the cold to retreat in northern areas.

Natures version of hitting a slow infield ground ball and sprinting  to first to just beat the throw by a hair.

Every time we've hit the ball far this year, it's been caught at the warning track.

• Like 1

Euro trending juicier , snowier, and bit colder at the surface leading in similar to other guidance so far .

Verbatim Bmore stays below freezing through 17z . 

Euro dumps 2 inches in 3 hours in N.Balt. city 

3 inches in 3 hours far north burbs . Drier air leading in + Good rates should hopefully hold off any low mid level nose for a while .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

3rd place lol 

Screenshot_20210221-094255_Chrome.jpg

Is this for real?  so we live in the riches region on in the nation?  Seems like a sign of the times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Kinda Iike bragging about 45" of snow....it's the same but not really

I had heard about that new math ..

Just now, blueberryfaygo said:

Is this for real?  so we live in the riches region on in the nation?  Seems like a sign of the times.

Uncle Sam has a deep pocketbook 

• Like 3

Just now, Snowchaser said:

TWC very bullish for the event tomorrow :snowing::oldman:

snow +.png

They had 5-8” for the last storm lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks reasonable imo

It might be reasonable for the northern tier if all goes right but there’s no way 1” is making it to and south of US 50. 

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

It might be reasonable for the northern tier if all goes right but there’s no way 1” is making it to and south of US 50. 

I assume they mean c-1" but either way with the rates advertised anyone near 95 that gets even a 30 to 60 minute burst of snow at minimum would meet that . Good ground temps,  rates , morning start. Just my opinion.  Maybe my cousin on her house boat on the Potomac in DCA won't though :lol: