• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

I think the 6z NAM was a little too far NW with the initial overrunning precip. this morning. And also a little too wet outside a narrow band in extreme SEPA. But the GFS and RGEM look to have been too dry in EPA and CNJ.

6 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Euro started seeing that a few days ago

Yeah, the more amped up storm a few days ago became a stronger 50/50 low than forecast allowing  more confluence over New England. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8 am, 1" OTG at 24F - got 1/2" the past 30 min for 1"/hr rates. If we can keep this up for 4-5 hours, I'll be happy.

As of 8:30 am, 1.3" OTG at 23F - only about 0.6"/hr rates the last 30 min, but snow has picked up in the last 5 minutes here.  Very pretty out there as I just went for a nice walk, but roads are obviously treacherous with temps so cold.  

12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, the more amped up storm a few days ago became a stronger 50/50 low than forecast allowing  more confluence over New England. 

And this is why many people wanted the last storm so amped.  

30 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Moderate snow here in south Brooklyn

24 degreees

Yep, it wet bulbed down to the mid 20s , snowing beautifully here in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn , almost 2 inches already on the ground . 

7 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

6.5" here so far - interior Monmouth.

Lol, so casual. "outperforming everyone by several inches, nbd."

I have 1.1 in Flemington. Next band crossing the Delaware should deliver the goods. Come to dada

• Like 1

What should i tell the wife about work? She goes in and needs time in her lab; for once I cant say what the storm is gonna do. Typically she goes in from late morning or early afternoon til her experiments are run, which could be late evening. This storm is a bit weird in its evolution; she would be going down 287 from Woodbridge to S. Plainfield. I told her i'd get the best info on the storm right here....

3 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Wow! What a month this has been 

What do you have over there? Looks around an inch here; had a few bands come through but not sustained yet.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

What do you have over there? Looks around an inch here; had a few bands come through but not sustained yet.

Close two. We should pick up in the next few minutes. Radar looks real nice to our sw 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8:30 am, 1.3" OTG at 23F - only about 0.6"/hr rates the last 30 min, but snow has picked up in the last 5 minutes here.  Very pretty out there as I just went for a nice walk, but roads are obviously treacherous with temps so cold.  

As of 9:00 am, 1.7" OTG at 24F - about 0.8"/hr rates the last 30 min and it looks like the heavy stuff is about to come down...

1 minute ago, justinj said:

radar doesn’t look great for LI at the moment

:huh: 

Looks amazing for us. There's a huge slug of heavy snow in E PA and NJ headed right at us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Perfect high position for us on the 12z NAM.

B36AAA10-B769-4715-8918-4FBF99BCB42D.png.02c95531778faddf01c5150d13d0b793.png

Looks like it backed off on the coastal but I don't think we'd complain if 8-10" fell. 

Still worried about sleet. Will be fighting it later on.