Total Members
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

20 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Truly wondering now if we will get more than an inch north of 84 here. 

I'm south of 84 and have nothing going on. It started early this morning, I had snow falling at 3:30am but apparently that was just a tease. What I thought was wet is nothing, barely even damp (frozen) but I can see it precipitating south of me because the southernmost ridges are gone and the closer ones are fuzzy. 

22/16/NE4/OVC

I'll be ok if it doesn't snow at all, my wife's ankle is totally wrecked, multiple fractures and a torn ligament, and I can't carry her down the stairs and out to the car. I started shoveling a path up the front yard yesterday but with the snowpack being frozen solid I only got a few feet and still have 90 more to go plus the frozen 4 foot thick plow pile to get through. I really need someone with a plow blade to come help but nobody seems to want to, the two I spoke to said they're afraid of getting stuck on the hill and they won't even try.

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I think Central Park hits 40 inches by the end of the winter. When was the last time we reached 40 inches ?

2017-2018?

2015-2016?

This is our winter!!!!! Finally a good one. Enjoy this as it will be congrats sne like normal next year 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Started snowing lightly in Metuchen around 6:40 am and picked up around 7:00 am and we have 1/2" OTG as of 7:30 am.  Moderate snow - would like to get into some of that heavier stuff.  Temp really dropped from 27 to 23F with the snow sublimation cooling the column.  

As of 8 am, 1" OTG at 23F - got 1/2" the past 30 min for 1"/hr rates. If we can keep this up for 4-5 hours, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I think Central Park hits 40 inches by the end of the winter. When was the last time we reached 40 inches ?

2017-2018?

2015-2016?

2017 2018 was an epic winter. Here in SW CT we ended up with 56 inches. NYC had to be close. Maybe 50?

• Like 1

The high over New England really came on stronger over the last 3 days. The dewpoints are just in the single digits for Boston. So you can see why the bands are struggling to get north of our area right now.

Boston         CLOUDY    24   5  44 N6        30.53R WCI  
  • Like 1

The radar looks pretty good for most of the area for the next several hours. Only far northern NJ and interior lower HV look like they will struggle for precip. Central NJ to near Staten Island look best. Could be 6-8 there I think just today. Maybe that gets into NYC and LI. It's hard to know how far north the best rates will get. Also gotta watch the sleet along the southern flank later today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The high over New England really came on stronger over the last 3 days. The dewpoints are just in the single digits for Boston. So you can see why the bands are struggling to get north of our area right now.

Boston         CLOUDY    24   5  44 N6        30.53R WCI  

Euro started seeing that a few days ago