• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

The negativity regarding this winter as a whole is kind of surprising to me. We've gotten a couple double digit snows and several refreshers, and it feels like it hasn't gone above 40 since November outside of the grinch storm. Pretty wintry winter IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

The negativity regarding this winter as a whole is kind of surprising to me. We've gotten a couple double digit snows and several refreshers, and it feels like it hasn't gone above 40 since November outside of the grinch storm. Pretty wintry winter IMO. 

Its been average at best in my area...about as expected in the aggregate.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You should co-author the next volume.

I envision it like a Lord of The Rings type of deal, written in 3 tomes. 
...Book 1; The Dawn Awakening.  Recognizing that the Dawn Awaking is coming, and prepping for it.
...Book 2; Burial! Survive at All Costs.  The Dawn Awaking is upon us...The cape is buried! ...But somehow Tolland, CT is spared.
...Book 3; Thaw! Life begins again.  Stories of despair, survival and hope are told as people dig out from the destruction.

• Haha 3

It’s annoying and unwarranted. People are mad because kids are cooped up inside playing video games . That’s what this all centers around 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not sure what the angst is for southern peeps. This was either stronger but quick flip or weaker but all snow. I mean...I’ll take the all snow even if it’s 3-6 over 24hr duration. 

Bitching has no boundary's, Glad i didn't waste anytime on this, I already knew the outcome after yesterdays debacle.

Yeah I wasn't kidding when I said I've enjoyed this winter. I got my big dog, torched it away in a week, avoided big cold, and other than yesterday we've pretty much avoided the glop events. Winter is long here and it's nice to have one that feels a little shorter. Hopefully we can start warming it up a bit in March.

14 minutes ago, George001 said:

I’m definitely a huge weenie but in my opinion James has earned the #1 spot with his 40 inch forecasts for cape cod and his book. I’m planning on buying a copy. Though on the other form I did call for 3-4 feet for the Jan 29th threat that ended up going out to sea, that ended up being a huge bust.

No.  You win.  multiple storms of several feet each in March - winnah winnah chikkin dinnah!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some areas better than others for sure. ORH is one area, then down in srn CT another good area (relative to normal). I would include OWD and interior SE MA into wrn RI too.

Yea, its been a LBSW season. Grading it for my area, I would say C+.

That bolded area is always above normal, save for last year. I OTOH have a decent shot to finish below for the third consecutive season.
This whole weeks seems like a lot of smoke and less fire and snow.

6 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think we are still above normal snowfall wise (looking at the Hudson coop) The prolonged dry stretch in Jan was definitely annoying, but it could be worse. We've been just far enough south to catch some of the southern events and  avoid the negative snowfall departures in parts of ME. 

I mean cmon guys, I can’t speak for everyone but MBY pack survived the warm up with a solid 6” of glacier left. We have a nice refresher coming, advisory north(or more) and most likely low end warning criteria south and a nice long duration, which I view as a positive for winter vibes. This event keeps the deep winter feel going. SNAP OUT OF IT WEENIES. LFG!

• Like 2