Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

EPS follows the op.  Weaker wave 1 and further north wave two.

Slight decrease overall because the losses from wave 1 slightly offset the gains from wave 2. Wave 2 is the potentially more dynamic and fun but wave 1 was closer. Whatever.  There isn’t much separation between the two anymore either. There is really no lull anymore. Just a long fetch it weak WAA precip ahead of the main wave (2nd) now. The first wave isn’t even a distinct entity anymore imo. 
A5AA586F-5342-4294-8621-6413725E2B43.thumb.png.e6aa3bfc3d53791e01f3770146421430.png

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Slight decrease overall because the losses from wave 1 slightly offset the gains from wave 2. Wave 2 is the potentially more dynamic and fun but wave 1 was closer. Whatever.  There isn’t much separation between the two anymore either. There is really no lull anymore. Just a long fetch it weak WAA precip ahead of the main wave (2nd) now. The first wave isn’t even a distinct entity anymore imo. 
A5AA586F-5342-4294-8621-6413725E2B43.thumb.png.e6aa3bfc3d53791e01f3770146421430.png

Maybe it’s because of recent bias, but this seems like the easiest setup for us to have a solid clean score.  Cold air in place, precip with gulf origins.  We don’t need a messy transfer or TPV lobe.  I think we do well with this one.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

First wave is interesting it's an almost indiscernible impulse ejecting out of the desert sw and zipping along with the jet across the country waaay out in front of the digging shortwave. Normally things like that don't even cause precip here but the lucky connection with the gulf and bouncing up againt cold air makes it an event anyway. Sometimes it just wants to snow. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

37 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

First wave is interesting it's an almost indiscernible impulse ejecting out of the desert sw and zipping along with the jet across the country waaay out in front of the digging shortwave. Normally things like that don't even cause precip here but the lucky connection with the gulf and bouncing up againt cold air makes it an event anyway. Sometimes it just wants to snow. 

Most favorite quote from you in the 2013 - 2014 epic year was that if the atmosphere farted, we got snow! I still laugh at that!! Some similarities, in a way, to what we are seeing in this stretch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:
The progressive Navgem fwiw is more amped for Thurs/fri then other guidance. 

I love how people always point out that the Navgem is progressive everytime its mentioned

This forum would be better off if someone spilled a gallon of seawater on the navgem's motherboard

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Seems everything shifted north. Mix line is on the dooratep here in Loudoun 

It’s a nice run so far if you are in DC or anywhere north. More amplified so more precip and from DC north is cold enough. It’s not like 12z that blasted the 850s way north. But south of DC has mixing issues so not as good there.  Anyone south of DC needs to root for a weaker wave to have a shot. More amplified probably pushed the boundary north of them. But they could still score Friday depending what happens with the trailing energy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I did want to add something serious. Every single time models have tossed around the idea of a long drawn out event with even steven rates/distribution etc over 48 hours  or more... It NEVER ends up working out like that. One of these 2 waves will be dominant and the other may be a letdown. Just going off memory. Everyone knows what I'm rooting for and it still includes a foot of ice. 

ETA: I suppose one difference here is SLP is weak sauce. Not the same as a 1-2 punch where there's a "wake" left behind or the exiting system does weird things over the Atl and screws up the approach of the second. This whole thing is pretty unusual. I can't really think of any event similar in the last 15 years. May be "ok" to expect anomalous results. Good times. 

I’ve been thinking the same the whole time. I know it’s been brought up a thousand times but January 2011 is a good analog for that sort of dominance. A weaker wave passed and set up the bowling ball the following night. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic