Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

Hasn't been the greatest couple of weeks for us...

It's just a horrible place for snow. Just have to accept it. The banding Sigs before this with a pretty meh system showed this could happen. As if anyone thought a band wouldnt form west of here, but with more ragged radar, this is always what happens.

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

C92B5C28-8345-4CDC-83E6-CB950659CE7F.jpeg

Nice!  Looks like classic cotton candy.  Makes me think the models hit the QPF just right.

Probably a situation where the jacked models’ snowfall is correct but for the wrong reason, and the global model QPF is correct but snow map’s wrong because of 10:1.

• Thanks 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Nice!  Looks like classic cotton candy.  Makes me think the models hit the QPF just right.

Probably a situation where the jacked models’ snowfall is correct but for the wrong reason, and the global model QPF is correct but snow map’s wrong because of 10:1.

Once I began to read last nights posts about “heaviest stuff likely NW of where models show”, I knew that meant right over my butt

SW of the city is getting it good. ORH too of course. Down to Uxbridge, Milford, Franklin, Holliston, Walpole, Medfield, Westwood. 

Snow growth here is beach balls, accum everywhere but Street. Resting a bit too lazy to go measure, but I'm assuming as much as 2" already here. Obviously less on asphalt and concrete.