• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance

2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

37 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

44.8/24.3 currently. Missed forecast high by 3 degrees today. Could see the cloud/clear sky line about 10 miles off to my southwest. Thick canopy made a difference. 

42.8/25 now. Bottom is starting to fall out last 30 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Started sticking to the deck and trees.  The ground is getting white :)

Wow that's awesome. I must've been stuck between the best rates so far. North end of the county is turning white and your getting some stick age down there now, but I've just had a few intermittent flizzards and it's only down to 39.7.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Anyone have obs in Kannapolis/Hickory/Greensboro? Heavier echoes traversing through there. 

Nothing falling currently in hickory but evap cooling underway I’m sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Anyone have obs in Kannapolis/Hickory/Greensboro? Heavier echoes traversing through there. 

Near hickory. Deck lowering but nothing yet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BooneWX said:

Near hickory. Deck lowering but nothing yet!

Very low hanging bowl shaped clouds.... no precip yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Wow that's awesome. I must've been stuck between the best rates so far. North end of the county is turning white and your getting some stick age down there now, but I've just had a few intermittent flizzards and it's only down to 39.7.

What part of rabun County do you live in?

Just now, franklin NCwx said:

What part of rabun County do you live in?

Tiger, just south of Clayton right at 2000 feet. Grounds white well to my south and the north but we're struggling to moisten up the boundary.

Excited for the upstate folks, I know y’all have been on the screw zone a LOT in the last 5-7 years.

BullCity, et al, you guys seeing anything to thwart my pessimism on the 85 corridor in North central NC?

Not feeling this one still.

• Like 2

DH and I have a big bonfire going out in our field while sipping on adult beverages waiting on whatever may fall and on baby watch (expecting our first Grandbaby any day now)!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Tiger, just south of Clayton right at 2000 feet. Grounds white well to my south and the north but we're struggling to moisten up the boundary.

Surprised you don't have more. 

5 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Surprised you don't have more. 

Yeah I've been watching it snow heavily on the mountains just to my N/NW for a while now but just can't stay under the good rates long enough here to keep it reaching the ground I guess. Shouldn't be long though, steadily saturating now.

I don't want to freak out about the radar yet but heavy returns are having issues getting up this way and I'm not crazy about the radar 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Nothing in Gibsonville

I don't want to freak out about the radar yet but heavy returns are having issues getting up this way and I'm not crazy about the radar 

It is slowly creeping towards my location

5 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Sounding for hickory from hrr in the heaviest precip, is this an all snow sounding or more sleet?

hrrr_2021020622_008_35.69--81.26.png

It's right on the edge.  If the warm layer is 0 to +1C, flakes will partial melt then refreeze lower down, staying as snow.  If warm layer is +1 to +3C, more melting will occur and then it would refreeze lower down as sleet

• Like 2

Big ol flakes and some sleet coming down. Trying not to turn into a weenie because our Mets say it won't last but it looks extremely promising