Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It actually contracted the precip shield east. 

I honestly thought that big CCB at 48h was gonna destroy E MA but then it slid just east. It got lighter stuff a little further inland. But this was kind of a wash with 12z. 

51 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah once people get slop they fear it forever.  Had doctors appt where wxniss works amd had to drive by where he lives for a haircut in Coolidge Corner.   My hood literally 2-3x as much pack.

Yep. Why folks just a few miles away were so upset last week. Missed 1-2 feet by 1-2F.

Funny how I've been a little less enthralled about Sunday relative to last week. Less complexity, no ptype issues, fast mover so ceiling is not high.

Enter 18z 3k NAM and now we have a little more suspense...

13 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

They were pretty accurate just a few miles inland I thought. 

No they weren't.  Their call from 7pm Mon to 7am Tue was for an additional 6-8 inches for my area.  We were lucky to get 2-3 inches more after 7pm.  We had no more than 6 inches total of heavy wet slop for the entire storm.  I snow blowed it at 10-11 pm, and there was nothing further when I got up the next morning.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I honestly thought that big CCB at 48h was gonna destroy E MA but then it slid just east. It got lighter stuff a little further inland. But this was kind of a wash with 12z. 

Yeah no kidding. Even H7 lift was strong, so I'm sort of scratching my head. Anyways, not really worried. 

4 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

No they weren't.  Their call from 7pm Mon to 7am Tue was for an additional 6-8 inches for my area.  We were lucky to get 2-3 inches more after 7pm.  We had no more than 6 inches total of heavy wet slop for the entire storm.  I snow blowed it at 10-11 pm, and there was nothing further when I got up the next morning.

I mean, they missed for people like us on the coastal plain but what you said about them busting for most of SNE isn't true. But yeah, it was a bad call for us on the coast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

That’s right. Total ripoff lol

47 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So what do you mean? You think this is low?

They mean what they said - if there's a 10% chance of those totals occurring, it's the 90th percentile snowfall. In reality the depiction seems more like the actual forecast. The totals for the 90th percentile should be much higher with something like 12-14 having a 10% chance.