• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

Much better flakes now and moderate-heavy rate. Binocular check of the snowboard with the flood light on already looks like over a half inch. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Much better flakes now and moderate-heavy rate. Binocular check of the snowboard with the flood light on already looks like over a half inch. 

Just was outside. Coming down at a very nice rate right now. Quickly approaching an inch. Looks like this two parter could last well into tomorrow evening 

Moderate snow and 24ºF. Midnight measurement is 1.3" of straight powder snow in a bit under 2 hrs since it got going. Not too bad considering the near term stuff late this afternoon and early evening didn't have this even starting here until about now or a bit later. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Moderate snow and 24ºF. Midnight measurement is 1.3" of straight powder snow in a bit under 2 hrs since it got going. Not too bad considering the near term stuff late this afternoon and early evening didn't have this even starting here until about now or a bit later. 

Well, speaking of delayed starts...the current 04Z run of the HRRR doesn't have accumulating snow reaching MDT until 9:30am and its first inch until 11:00am.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well, speaking of delayed starts...the current 04Z run of the HRRR doesn't have accumulating snow reaching MDT until 9:30am and its first inch until 11:00am.

The next run will show 3 inches by 11 am and then the next run will show partly cloudy with a high of 60 at the same time.

The hourly swings on the HRRR are bizarre.

Here in Williamsport there is a coating of snow over everything now.  The small flakes are coming down fast but not heavy.

Virga here is just about touching the radio towers on Reesers summit  so it should be on the ground here in just a few minutes  40.203536,-76.886925

I just came from that direction and still nothing sadly. Btw why did we get downed to only 6 inchs vs what they were calling for earlier? I thought things were looking juiced so it should go up?

Just talked to my buddy working  at Messiah College in Mechanicsburg and light snow has started there.

14 minutes ago, Ruin said:

I just came from that direction and still nothing sadly. Btw why did we get downed to only 6 inchs vs what they were calling for earlier? I thought things were looking juiced so it should go up?

Hi Ruin, We just go under the snow may man. I would say mixing issues and i know the models were depicting less quantitative precipitation. I think a slight uptick looks possible if things can stay connected. But if nanny pulls the old slot out for Adam things could dry up around here in a hurry so we will see.

updated now says 5-7 and will last through 10 am fri. Tho one thing that is worrying me forecast low low 20s still sitting at 28 the clouds came in hella fast yesterday mostly cloudy before 6 didnt allow for much drop in temps.

Deeper returns are just starting to show up in are area but the radar is not all that impressive and kind of scary to me  Atm. I do see a few pockets of dry air and that big one just south of Fredrick could bleed warm air to the Dixon in a hurry.

Its like 2 storms ago I was under deep blues for 4 hours and nothing then as soon as it got a few shades lighter it started snowing. That puzzled the heck out of me

one thing i noticed this year vs other years. They no longer have person verifications on if its snowing on not its all radar based. Its said its been snowing here all night since the radar showed snow. Same with other storms this year. in years past they were confirmed observations by weather sites or people reporting.

Im not sure if a had on a future cast or it was glitch but the mixing is way south of where I  thought I was seeing It was so my above statement moot

Yeah this year has been funny with the future cast and what ends up going down. Still nothing here in my area 

Not sure where to pile up all the virtual snow this morning. Let’s hope this gets going soon. Dry, overcast, 27 in Hershey/Hummelstown.

20 minutes ago, Ruin said:

one thing i noticed this year vs other years. They no longer have person verifications on if its snowing on not its all radar based. Its said its been snowing here all night since the radar showed snow. Same with other storms this year. in years past they were confirmed observations by weather sites or people reporting.

cell phones computers and academia have degraded work ethic and funding allocation to the people willing to do such things with true undistracted attention and old school  passion that's mostly gone today. Anyways this is probably not the time and the place we are going to understandably piss the fellows off and even I try to wait t until after the storm to do that.

I just hope I see something soon so many of you are saying you have seen flakes or seen accum and still nothing for me lol. some of you are 20 mins away in all directions its this a cruel joke on me lol.

First flakes here 40.203536,-76.886925   5:31am Its snow time  Outie 5000 to peep da scene wit da dog pound.