• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Remembering a drop in temperatures was coming up, I looked at the hourlies for next Sunday and Monday.  The high on Monday won't come out of the teens here in Williamsport and winds will be in the teens too.  The idea of being out shoveling in those conditions is not appealing.  Wunderground is calling for just 3.3" but who knows how much we will end up getting?  Life was better and easier when I wasn't the official shoveler.

13 minutes ago, JTrout said:

I was just going to ask someone if we have a chance at anything frozen for Friday...

Temps marginal, but here is surface.  I guess the standard w/ cutters.  brief sleet or zr before drippage ensues, but the hounds of winter come roarin in after.  

Sunday event stepped closer together wrt NS and STJ.  Still not dancing tho (speaking specifically about GFS).  

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_12.png

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

January 30th , 2000 Super Bowl Sunday. 12". Notes show it started around noon. And that on Tuesday the 25th we had 11" and after the super bowl Sunday storm there was 20" on the ground. and Friday the 28th it was -15 with wind chill :D that was my entries for that week

I remember it well.  Went out to shovel at halftime.  

Would be awesome to get the weekend event.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

At the time, the house i lived in sat up on a hill, 150' driveway 3 cars wide. I decided to wait until the game was over which was a HUGE mistake. After partaking in the normal Super bowl party chow and the 3 or 4 six packs i drank didn't make for a pleasant experience :wacko2:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

January 30th , 2000 Super Bowl Sunday. 12". Notes show it started around noon. And that on Tuesday the 25th we had 11" and after the super bowl Sunday storm there was 20" on the ground. and Friday the 28th it was -15 with wind chill :D that was my entries for that week

38 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'd love to get some fresh snow before the cold arrives. Keep it wintry for a while. Certainly potential exists in the day 6-7 timeframe. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'd love to get some fresh snow before the cold arrives. Keep it wintry for a while. Certainly potential exists in the day 6-7 timeframe. 

52 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I agree brother. lets keep this wagon train rolling. This past event is going high on my list. 

X3

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

12z Euro has a SLP situated right over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel complex at 10AM Sunday morning. Nice swath of snow in SE PA. 

yep. Gfs still separated but ticked in right direction. Plenty of time for it to come around although suppressed is def a possibility as cold is fresh and deep.