Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Keep it simple. Seriously, you can’t go wrong with county outlines and nothing else. When you add in roads and names it just adds noise to them. Most know where they are from a county outline. The main point of the map are the categories so the basemap shouldn’t overshadow that. Level of hierarchy visually. It’s not the worst I’ve seen so high five!! 

Noted! I'll try to pick a better basemap for the Final Call. I was hesitant on what to use, but now that I have some advice, I will use it. Gracias 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 87storms said:

eh, i hear ya, but i wouldn't look at it too much like that.  there are worse ways that people waste time/energy and even money, but sounds like you found an appropriate middle ground.

agreed re that balanced lane.  while it's always nice to have a career vs just a job, there's something to be said about having a job that allows you to dive into hobbies on the side or even part-time work/volunteering.

I didnt look at it much like that all all until it was too late. The more you know, the more you are compelled to focus and commit. It's a slow evolution. Once you're "in" it's almost like an addiction (or def is an addiction lol). Certainly not a harmful addiction in a physical sense but there is still a price to pay. Of course personality plays a huge role. When I really want to do something, nothing will ever get in the way. But when you find yourself teetering on allocating too much time (or inappropriate times like 0z euro on weeknights eg), it's good to be fully aware and honest with yourself that the hobby isnt stealing energy from other more important aspects of life. Being honest with yourself is the hardest part cuz brains and addictions and stuff....

Just a couple thought pennies and additional keyboard puke to consider. 

24 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I didnt look at it much like that all all until it was too late. The more you know, the more you are compelled to focus and commit. It's a slow evolution. Once you're "in" it's almost like an addiction (or def is an addiction lol). Certainly not a harmful addiction in a physical sense but there is still a price to pay. Of course personality plays a huge role. When I really want to do something, nothing will ever get in the way. But when you find yourself teetering on allocating too much time (or inappropriate times like 0z euro on weeknights eg), it's good to be fully aware and honest with yourself that the hobby isnt stealing energy from other more important aspects of life. Being honest with yourself is the hardest part cuz brains and addictions and stuff....

Just a couple thought pennies and additional keyboard puke to consider. 

Lol true. Gotta optimize your time/energy/money as wisely as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

And about this time when it becomes apparent that reading the main thread sucks the life out of you. 

Time to just enjoy what falls. and if it doesn’t? Big effing deal. Got better things to worry about

Yes normally being in the pink is fun.  

• Haha 1

After what I thought at the time was a disastrous opening, WandaVision is briliant.

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

And about this time when it becomes apparent that reading the main thread sucks the life out of you. 

Time to just enjoy what falls. and if it doesn’t? Big effing deal. Got better things to worry about

Yup, I ejected about 2 hours ago.  Baltimorewx has always been tedious.  Today just irritated me more than usual.  You know why.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

Yea, I'm with you. I was never one to try my hardest to will the storm away. We clearly insulted the storm since last night so it should be no surprise it wants to take its ball and go home. Insulting NWS is just an added bonus so they can stop hoisting warnings completely

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic