Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well, I gave yall the power and asked and the consensus was to keep it casual.   Hey, I learn from my mistakes.  Prob won't do that again.  

Rgr that - gotta push the envelop sometimes.  When I read the offer of the option the other day to keep it casual or start a storm thread I cringed, but thought - "ok, let's see how this goes".  Haha...   well, the rest is...  glue.  

39 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

People ignore facts. That's why I do it.

Are you insinuating that I don't know the facts of the storm? 

What you posted isn't a fact. It's a marginal dissemination of 1/30th of a model run with a projected sounding from one piece of guidance, 2 hrs before a fairly dynamic disturbance propagates into the Mid Atlantic. I don't see a remote breakdown of guidance from you in any post for this storm. It's basic model regurgitation that can be done by a novice. When I started on this forum, I did a lot of sit back and listening. I chimed in when I had a question and when I had something of merit. It helped me learn. A lot of people could really benefit from that. I appreciate your love for meteorology, which is one of the reasons you are here, but man oh man, you gotta read the room or provide some context as to why you feel this storm will flop. It might not be juggernaut, but it's still going to produce something of reason, even with a marginal environment.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Are you insinuating that I don't know the facts of the storm? 

What you posted isn't a fact. It's a marginal dissemination of 1/30th of a model run with a projected sounding from one piece of guidance, 2 hrs before a fairly dynamic disturbance propagates into the Mid Atlantic. I don't see a remote breakdown of guidance from you in any post for this storm. It's basic model regurgitation that can be done by a novice. When I started on this forum, I did a lot of sit back and listening. I chimed in when I had a question and when I had something of merit. It helped me learn. A lot of people could really benefit from that. I appreciate your love for meteorology, which is one of the reasons you are here, but man oh man, you gotta read the room or provide some context as to why you feel this storm will flop. It might not be juggernaut, but it's still going to produce something of reason, even with a marginal environment.  

Don't waste your time dude. Seriously.

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9gnrvvqe8b6hfyexmm

Yup - you can tell in that horse's eyes he knows he's gona be holding furniture together in the near future.  Reminds me of living in India. Used to go to the market there to buy chicken...  It was an unworldly experience.  The seller had a bunch of rickety cages packed with chickens, a 2 foot curved blade sticking up between his knees, a pit on one side of him and a boiling pot of water on the other side...

Those chickens knew that every time the gate to the cage was opened one of them was going to have a bad day.  As soon as the owner started to reach for the gate they all scampered to the back of the cage.  They had the same look in their eyes as the horse - they knew what was coming next.  

In one fell swoop the owner would grab a chicken, pull him out, run him up the blade, the head when one way into a basket and the chicken was shucked into the pit to run around thumpty thumpty thump until he was run out.  The owner would then throw the chicken into the pot of water for a good boiling while the rest of the chickens remaining in the cage enjoyed the temporary reprieve from the inevitable.  

About 5 mins later I was on my way with my fresh, cleaned, and plucked chicken.  All the while, the remains of the chicken was running out a hole in the bottom of the pit, around the side of the vendor's stall and out the back where the pigs were doing what pigs do, before their time came to become pork.  Mind you, the words here don't convey the smell.  I can still smell it 25 years later... 

55 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Rain. Sorry mappy mapperton. Maybe next year

Bummer. Was a good run. 

25 minutes ago, H2O said:

I’m confused. Do you mean:

Its going to snow, weenies! 
or

Its going to snow weenies. Like links of meat in casings falling from Ballpark clouds

please help explain

Def the latter. Sausage from the sky for all 

• Haha 3

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Sign me up for the Wed/ Thursday HH Gfs please :sled:

I went to Westminster today. Legit shocked at the difference in snowcover. I still have 6-10” full snowpack but in town there was barely any with a lot of bare ground. Probably only 60% coverage. Huge difference for only like 8 miles as the crow flies.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic