Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Usually I'd think not as big of a difference.  Maybe you had more ice to encapsulate it or the bands Tuesday and wed difference?

I have selective 4-5" in shaded areas.  3-4" base with a couple grass spots .

I did get about 4” more. It helps that I’m on the north slope of the ridge. Im also 400 feet higher up then Westminster. I know that I am always 3-4 degrees colder then the Westminster Airport which is only 7 miles away. That’s kinda crazy. 

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You should ask for a refund.  

The folks at NWS should have consulted with you first.  What's the point of all of that calcus, physics and book learning when they could have just asked you?

I'm pretty much calling for 2-4" with marginal surface temps like most other mets here?  But apparently that makes me a know it all giving everyone the finger.  

48 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I suppose I need some sort of a bar for this storm.

This DFH 120 min IPA is setting a bar. I will defo to make a run before tomorrow evening.

Other Half Triple Dream Gems for me.

48 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I love the collective WE here.

Yup. Not sure why anyone would think that everyone would like a thump to freezing rain. I understand that some might like that, but I f’ing hate the flip to freezing rain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

At this late stage in my weenieism, only 6-12" of ice will scratch the itch. Kinda like a cat 5 up the bay with a left turn at point lookout. I'm no spring chicken and time is running out on apocalyptic epicness to hit b4 I'm gone. I'd be honored at this point for winter wx to take me out. Heck, I had to come to grips with the same thing in the colorado backcountry and avalanches. You can mitigate but not remove the risk. So you either accept that every descent could be your last or dont make the first turn. I always said "this could be your final run of your life. Is it worth it?". The answer was always resounding F YEA! 

Ice greed

you greed

we all greed

for ice greed

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Oh man, I had the funniest reply ever but I just couldn't hit post... it crossed a line that even I wont cross here. I'll drop a hint tho. My post included the word mayonnaise. We'll stop right here. 

I got you. We all know it will take a miracle to whip this storm into a white mess. Some will get salty from it, some will get coated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I won’t clutter the other thread with this whining. But it’s actually factual. You guys have heard me do this song and dance before, but damn why is it so hard to get meaningful precip? We are sitting at a whopping 1.77 inches since Jan 1. I’ll never abandon the “give me precip, I’ll worry about temps later”. But ... I did see mention of a precip into cad event coming so that’ll cheer me up. Those are usually precip producers. Thank you for your time.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I won’t clutter the other thread with this whining. But it’s actually factual. You guys have heard me do this song and dance before, but damn why is it so hard to get meaningful precip? We are sitting at a whopping 1.77 inches since Jan 1. I’ll never abandon the “give me precip, I’ll worry about temps later”. But ... I did see mention of a precip into cad event coming so that’ll cheer me up. Those are usually precip producers. Thank you for your time.

It's all MBY perspective. If I had an inch of snow for every time I rained or slopped while you shoveled and posted green envy pics, I could open a ski area in my backyard. If I lived where you lived I would feel the same as you do. If you lived in my hood you would feel the same as me. But since far more people here live in temp worryland, you'll hear my perspective repeated constantly for MBY reasons alone and nothing else 

44 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I figured u got a couple more at least 

How long has that Westminster airport weather station been reporting wayyy too warm ?

Years I think 

It’s been a few years.  There was a noticeable difference once you get north of that first of the 3 ridges that make up Parrs Ridge in northern Carroll. The one that runs right through Manchester. There was much less south of that ridge. Once you get north of Manchester that high valley where Ebb Valley School is and north had a lot more snow. Still my yard being on the north slope of Dug Ridge helps too. 

Still full coverage here. From my evening walk around the yard an hour ago. 

6WZ6x2Z.jpg

hv75zI8.jpg

4hVSlnh.jpg

mVdyeCX.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's all MBY perspective. If I had an inch of snow for every time I rained or slopped while you shoveled and posted green envy pics, I could open a ski area in my backyard. If I lived where you lived I would feel the same as you do. If you lived in my hood you would feel the same as me. But since far more people here live in temp worryland, you'll hear my perspective repeated constantly for MBY reasons alone and nothing else 

True to an extent, but my temps aren’t that much colder than yours. My take on it is this. If there’s precip falling this time of year, there’s a chance it could be frozen in some form. A chance. Maybe not but a chance. With no precip there’s no chance regardless of temps, pattern, winds, etc LOL.

Truth be told, I wish the sun wouldn’t shine 1 minute from Dec 1 to Mar 1. Not one second.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

It’s been a few years.  There was a noticeable difference once you get north of that first of the 3 ridges that make up Parrs Ridge in northern Carroll. The one that runs right through Manchester. There was much less south of that ridge. Once you get north of Manchester that high valley where Ebb Valley School is and north had a lot more snow. Still my yard being on the north slope of Dug Ridge helps too. 

Still full coverage here. From my evening walk around the yard an hour ago. 

6WZ6x2Z.jpg

hv75zI8.jpg

4hVSlnh.jpg

mVdyeCX.jpg

I’m gonna go out in a limb and say that any snow that falls at your place will stick.

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

True to an extent, but my temps aren’t that much colder than yours. My take on it is this. If there’s precip falling this time of year, there’s a chance it could be frozen in some form. A chance. Maybe not but a chance. With no precip there’s no chance regardless of temps, pattern, winds, etc LOL.

Truth be told, I wish the sun wouldn’t shine 1 minute from Dec 1 to Mar 1. Not one second.

If you lived in my neighborhood the last 20 years you would say it's true to the fullest extent allowable by law

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m gonna go out in a limb and say that any snow that falls at your place will stick.

A few years back there was a very marginal snow and the typical soil temps argument flared up and I didn’t want to admit I had a few inches of snowcover for fear of the mob that might show up with pitch forks. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

A few years back there was a very marginal snow and the typical soil temps argument flared up and I didn’t want to admit I had a few inches of snowcover for fear of the mob that might show up with pitch forks. 

Bob may show up with his flamethrower. He’s threatened it before. He’s not above it

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic