Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m going to weenie the boundary a little north and say 5-7” by noon Friday along the I70 corridor. Good time to kanoodle in the Ville.

I like both of your calls  was thinking something similiar.

3 to 6 along the M/D line

5 to 10 along the normal Howard/Carroll/ Montgomery county deathband.

3 to 6 for DC metro.

.1 for DCA.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I like both of your calls  was thinking something similiar.

3 to 6 along the M/D line

5 to 10 along the normal Howard/Carroll/ Montgomery county deathband.

3 to 6 for DC metro.

.1 for DCA.

I don’t have the exact amounts for the 6z gfs run, though they are a bit lower, but the 0z gfs has around .90” of precip for the event with two separate periods of 3-4” each. A tick north of the boundary come game time would be nice, but ratios should be good either way.

eta that this is if for BWI 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t have the exact amounts for the 6z gfs run, though they are a bit lower, but the 12z gfs has around .90” of precip for the event with two separate periods of 3-4” each. A tick north of the boundary come game time would be nice, but ratios should be good either way.

And the Euro needs to stop bleeding south . I'm down to under .40 on the Euro for the 36 hour time frame lol.

Proposal: people take pics of their snow measurements. With a ruler.

People will post pics of their dogs, back yard, decks, sunset, beer, food and just about anything else you can think of, but how many snow measurement pics do you see? I did for years but haven’t lately basically because it hasn’t snowed much. I plan to post with every measurement from now on. 

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

I've never been one to care about getting the highest totals for any storm, not my style....I just want to be invited to the party to hold up a wall and look at everyone else having fun. Maybe this is the one that gets DC and the Southern burbs more in line with the rest of the region. I mean what really is the big deal between 4" and 6"?

I’m sure @ravensrule just jack knifed out of a sound sleep and isn’t sure why yet.

• Haha 2

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Light snow will have a hard time accumulating in mid-febuary daylight.  

This event just doesn't excite me.

*February

Also, you do realize that the first wave starts overnight tomorrow, right? At least you made this post in the banter thread

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t have the exact amounts for the 6z gfs run, though they are a bit lower, but the 12z gfs has around .90” of precip for the event with two separate periods of 3-4” each. A tick north of the boundary come game time would be nice, but ratios should be good either way.

Current call for our area:

Looks too south to me (guidance). Best snows stay south, we deal with lack of rates, poor snow growth, and dry air. 2-4 and on to the next storm of finally trying not to get hosed.

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Current call for our area:

Looks too south to me (guidance). Best snows stay south, we deal with lack of rates, poor snow growth, and dry air. 2-4 and on to the next storm of finally trying not to get hosed.

I get why you’re pessimistic but hopefully the Arctic press is overemphasized on the euro and it will rebound a little. I think that’s more likely than it going further south.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Don't forget Sunday was a total whiff at 84 out and trended to advisory snows and some warning snows . I still like Baltimore's chances for WSW snows.  Even here I think will juice up a bit imo

when dont you think it will juice up? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Don't forget Sunday was a total whiff at 84 -96 out and trended to advisory snows and some warning snows . I still like Baltimore's chances for WSW snows.  Even here I think will juice up a bit imo

I mean honestly 12z runs tomorrow could look quite different than what this mornings looked like....good or bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

*February

Also, you do realize that the first wave starts overnight tomorrow, right? At least you made this post in the banter thread

Yes, it starts overnight.  And by daylight there might be an inch on the ground.  If rates really are as light as this appears trending (.5" over 36 - 48 hours), thats going to be a problem.  Temps are upper 20s for most, not upper teens.  Light rates will allow sufficient IR to heat that ground.  This is mid FEBRUARY, not January.

• Confused 1

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yes, it starts overnight.  And by daylight there might be an inch on the ground.  If rates really are as light as this appears trending (.5" over 36 - 48 hours), thats going to be a problem.  Temps are upper 20s for most, not upper teens.  Light rates will allow sufficient IR to heat that ground.  This is mid FEBRUARY, not January.

In my experience, the feb 10th sunlight factor under overcast conditions with Igor snow and temps around 28, would not inhibit accumulation even on paved surfaces. That’s just been my experience.

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

lol okay. keep your posts here

Just now, losetoa6 said:

:ph34r:lol

Usually only when our yards are on the southern fringe . Or a strong pv lobe is pressing . Neither the case here but who knows 

But anytime we r on the northern fringes majority time qpf increases near game time . 

i dont care. snow is snow. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t have the exact amounts for the 6z gfs run, though they are a bit lower, but the 0z gfs has around .90” of precip for the event with two separate periods of 3-4” each. A tick north of the boundary come game time would be nice, but ratios should be good either way.

The 6z gfs is just under .80”, so yes, drier, but like wxusaf said in the main thread, 20-30 miles would make difference. I’ll be curious to see whether the 12z holds or continues the slip south.

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I mean honestly 12z runs tomorrow could look quite different than what this mornings looked like....good or bad

The panic and wailing here is just off the charts each model cycle.  “Oh i give up”. Then with the next runs trending better “this could be the second coming of PD 2!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic