Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

The storm from just a week ago that snowed off and on for 3 days was awesome.  Sure we all got differing amounts but when was the last time it snowed for days straight?  Given the snow drought the last two years its just nice to see it snow again.

The problem here is after the WAA part, almost all of Monday was light rain/drizzle and temps in the mid 30s. Got another inch Monday night. 

33 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm convinced most here don't like snow or at the very least are never satisfied with what the models show. We clearly have the big dog hunters and they shall remain nameless but then there are those who simply can't accept a 2-3" snowfall if a model showed more than that days prior. All I know is people can talk trend this or trend that the only thing that is real is what the model says on its current run then the next then the next until game time. Sure you can get a range idea from the model runs but ultimately what it says right now is only for right now. On to the next model run!!

You do understand why the people in my area are a bit on edge, I hope. We have gotten the shaft on every event for five years, when literally just miles away in some cases snow amounts have doubled. Just Sunday I had two colleagues who live just six miles north of me get 4-5 Inches while I got the Blutarsky (0.0). I promise you, I genuinely love snow. Tried to chase it in December and even managed to screw up Emmitsburg’s snow with my arrival. Maybe it is just me.

I think it is interesting when people can point out storms from the past that screwed their area from whatever...subsidence zone, cold dry air bleeding in, temps not quite cold enough etc. I mean if you can point out that it has happened several times before then I don't know maybe it's me but perhaps it's not that unusual for your area. It doesn't make it less frustrating but it also doesn't make it less your climo. I hope we all get some nice snow later this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

The problem here is after the WAA part, almost all of Monday was light rain/drizzle and temps in the mid 30s. Got another inch Monday night. 

Sure.  It wasn't the "best" storm for days of snow as there was mixing for all three.  But I still see it as all one storm which was spread out over a couple days and there was a lot of frozen during that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You do understand why the people in my area are a bit on edge, I hope. We have gotten the shaft on every event for five years, when literally just miles away in some cases snow amounts have doubled. Just Sunday I had two colleagues who live six miles of me get 4-5 Inches hole I got the Blutarsky (0.0). I promise you, I genuinely love snow. Tried to chase it in December and even managed to screw up Emmitsburg’s snow with my arrival. Maybe it is just me.

Yes I do understand

Just now, T. August said:

I think some people have a warranted dissatisfaction with this winter. I’ve literally gotten like 5.5” total for the season. Each time being a bust on the low-end.

how much did you get last year? the year before? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

yes.  not all.  you and a couple others enjoy whatever falls and aren't always big dog chasing.

And my comments about how northern tier people end up with good amounts isn't a knock.  Its expected.  You all live in a better place for snow.  Its a fact.  Location matters and that just means you all can get by with less and STILL do very well.  

Big dog chasing? What the hell? Yeah, wanting 4-6 and a verified warning level event sure is crazy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Sure.  It wasn't the "best" storm for days of snow as there was mixing for all three.  But I still see it as all one storm which was spread out over a couple days and there was a lot of frozen during that time.

It was a wintry period, and had snow otg for 4+ days,

Day 3 with snow cover here now, but most of that will be gone with the mild temps today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

The storm from just a week ago that snowed off and on for 3 days was awesome.  Sure we all got differing amounts but when was the last time it snowed for days straight?  Given the snow drought the last two years its just nice to see it snow again.

100% this. Looking out the window several times during that three-day stretch while TW at home and seeing light snow falling most of the time was a rare treat here.

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I think it is interesting when people can point out storms from the past that screwed their area from whatever...subsidence zone, cold dry air bleeding in, temps not quite cold enough etc. I mean if you can point out that it has happened several times before then I don't know maybe it's me but perhaps it's not that unusual for your area. It doesn't make it less frustrating but it also doesn't make it less your climo. I hope we all get some nice snow later this week.

Lol. I love you, but **** off with this. 

• Haha 1

Looks to me like this should overall be a low-end warning or high end advisory event over the course of about 2 days.  Not bad!  And it will be cold.  That's perhaps the biggest difference here from the long-duration event.  Just think...not even a week ago we were discussing the potential of a serious ice event around the metro area (DC/Balt), and now we're looking at all snow.  I think there still is the potential for significant ice (?), but farther south.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Big dog chasing? What the hell? Yeah, wanting 4-6 and a verified warning level event sure is crazy. 

Calm down.  you and I end up in the same boat for most storms and have the lower amounts compared to others.  I haven't verified once so far this winter for ANY storm.  I too would like to see a forecast hit for MBY.  Lets just see what happens and if things do trend shitty for you and it doesn't do well then I guess you proved your point.  I'm not here to make enemies.  Lets have a beer one day when shit gets better.  I'll cry over all my lost snow stories too.  We can be like comparing shark bites in Jaws.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just tired of ****ing lectures . And especially irritated that I am one of the few who actually follows instructions on where to post during storm mode and still gets shit from people like snowfan...

calm down. Andy wasn't talking about you. 

34 minutes ago, T. August said:

@Baltimorewx @North Balti Zen we are getting screwed again what are your thoughts? I’m thinking 1-2” with all of the good precip SW of us.

Seems like good agreement on 2-4 for part one wednesday night-thrusday morning...questions for me are how long is the dry period in between wave 1 and 2 and how far north does wave 2 come for thursday night-fri

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just tired of ****ing lectures . And especially irritated that I am one of the few who actually follows instructions on where to post during storm mode and still gets shit from people like snowfan...

i appreciate that you post like you do.  Hell, you are one of the few that does.  No complaints from me on where you post your thoughts.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic