Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Sure, makes sense. Just don't want dry air to saddle up to the buffet up our way. It not being a coastal doesn't bug me because we fail a whole other way with those...

Oh this has hours of virga and frustrated Marylanders gnashing our teeth while people like @WinterWxLuvr are talking about how beautiful it is and how fast it’s accumulating written all over it. Dry arctic air will take time to saturate. And that’s all accounted for by the QPF panels that models spit out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Oh this has hours of virga and frustrated Marylanders gnashing our teeth while people like @WinterWxLuvr are talking about how beautiful it is and how fast it’s accumulating written all over it. Dry arctic air will take time to saturate. And that’s all accounted for by the QPF panels that models spit out. 

It doesn't get that last 200' well for me.  When you be under the fall line that extra 10 story building dries the shit out of my snowflakes.  Or warms.  Or messes with in some way shape or form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Oh joy. Seriously, now in my 12th year of living in Balt City, I have become REALLY expert in figuring out how the fail will happen. From past experience with this kind of set-up here, it has been appalling how slow it can be to get the snow started and so much qpf can be wasted just above the surface until it gets to the ground. So lower QPF over our area combined with that potentially would make me itchy...

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

been busy—when will LWX hoist the warnings for Wednesday’s storm? 

I think if they were going to post warnings for the storm they would give us warning.  Be forewarned tho, its not written in stone.  I think we will get fair warning in due time

• Haha 2

image.png.872f6bc29aeead71386a12e8bc4abf75.png

What?  Threads were merged?  We need more threads not fewer.  At least three more banter threads.  Banters need to know how great it is to banter in the banter and not in the other threads.  It is like one port-a-potty at a rock festival.  If you have lots of porta potties everyone uses them.  If you have only one, people will piss everywhere.    Thread greed is good.  Snow greed is good.  Ice greed is good. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i hope to be pre-warned by a warner. and i hope that the warning is worded warningly.

We never get fair warning.  Hell, we barely get told to watch out before you're issued an advisory that you might be banned!

Oh, and @H2O, Rolex watches are pretty good!  Not that I own one.  If I did, the cost would result in an over-draft warning from my bank!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Technically I think he is an actual meteorologist who used to work for AKQ... or supposedly did?

As someone who really struggles with the intense maths and sciences you have to get through in order to achieve a meteorology degree, it always makes me scratch my head at the ones who earn a degree in Meteorology and then resort to just model hype, something just weather hobbyists can do in their sleep. 

I'm not saying that's all DT does. I've seen him release very detailed articles breaking down patterns and signals. But I've also seen him ignore clear trends and weather logic in order to push the hype of one model output. There are also many others who earn degrees in this field and then go on to just be hype-casters while getting paid handsomely. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic