Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2021

George BM

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If tomorrow morning and Sunday pan out that would mean 6 out of a 8 day stretch it snowed . Wow... just wow ..if that occurs . Historic for sure.:popcorn:

You're probably in a much better place to score some frozen tomorrow compared to farther east (I just expect rain here around the DC area)...but yeah, if it happens as indicated out your way, that's quite a run!

3 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

I have never moved a post (don’t have the capability). So your reference makes no sense lol.. confused face

Point is, you posted "banter-like" posts/rants in the thread where you're complaining about others posting banter in that same thread.  I thought my snark was pretty clear, but whatever.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Gwen is an absolute sweetheart! (Cough @stormtracker ). I met her when I interned with Sue Palka for a summer (was so much fun!) 

I liked Sue Palka. Was she cool to work with? I liked watching her because she was on the 10 o’clock news and when there was a storm coming up, she’d always come back near the end of the broadcast and describe the gfs.

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I liked Sue Palka. Was she cool to work with? I liked watching her because she was on the 10 o’clock news and when there was a storm coming up, she’d always come back near the end of the broadcast and describe the gfs.

She was a blast to work with. Taught me a lot of weather business stuff, we would hang out or go grab dinner somewhere in DC together between newscasts. That internship is actually what got me into mapping. I couldn’t hack the math for meteorology or the green screen for TV, but she taught me their graphic programs and I’d make fun weather graphics for her weather hits.

You know those scenario maps that some Mets show? Well I interned there summer 2005 and was a busy hurricane season, I’d make those scenario type maps showing where a hurricane would go if the H was here vs somewhere else and she’d use them. It was awesome. Immediately changed my focus to cartography/GIS that fall when I went back to school lol

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic