• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest

February Discobs 2021

17 minutes ago, GATECH said:

55 and gorgeous out...went on a walk...just had my hip replaced 2 weeks ago so that was no small feat.

Congratulations on the successful surgery and really glad that you're up and about.  I fixed your post because I was initially confused.  I mean, of course you're up and about if they gave you an additional foot. ;)

Just kidding and seriously, congrats.  I've never had one but know those that have, and hip surgeries are no fun.

Sunny and 50.  Beautiful out there.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Congratulations on the successful surgery and really glad that you're up and about.  I fixed your post because I was initially confused.  I mean, of course you're up and about if they gave you an additional foot. ;)

Just kidding and seriously, congrats.  I've never had one but know those that have, and hip surgeries are no fun.

Sunny and 50.  Beautiful out there.

Lol, thanks, yes feat!  Been a pretty good experience, first week was rough but getting exponentially better with each day.  Hope we avoid ice next week, that would be no fun on my new hip, plus my other one has to be replaced too (bad genes apparently), so walking is an adventure.

When the hips went bad, I became a walking barometer, bad remaining one is beginning to act up, storm on the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, WVclimo said:

6:00 p.m. snow depth in my yard

Sun 1/31- 5.0”

Mon 2/1- 9.0”

Tue 2/2-  9.0”

Wed 2/3- 6.0”

Thu 2/4-  5.0”

Fri 2/5- 4.0”

Hit a high of 50 today, but not much damage done to the snow pack.  Finding measurements of 3”, 4” and 5” around the yard.  4” most common.

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Fri 2/5- 4.0”

Hit a high of 50 today, but not much damage done to the snow pack.  Finding measurements of 3”, 4” and 5” around the yard.  4” most common.

3.5-4" avg here..pockets of a bit more in shade .

49 high

fantastic day in the mid 50s here in the District - you can smell spring right on the horizon.

the Mall and all the open space has been a refuge for my 2yr-old daughter and me during the pandemic.  Today, she asked the Washington Monument (which she claims is hers) what its favorite food was.

• Like 5

I can’t upload phone pictures it seems, but the edge of the clouds is just to my south and it’s quite picturesque. Feathery and gravity wave patterns embedded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

I can’t upload phone pictures it seems, but the edge of the clouds is just to my south and it’s quite picturesque. Feathery and gravity wave patterns embedded.

Same here,  beautiful.

Was totally sunny at sunrise,  now there is this arc of cirrus with feathery wisps above, a work of art from mother nature.  You can tell something is coming. 

• Like 1

Another 3-5 today in Canaan. They’re making out fairly well this past month. Should be hitting 90” on the season within the next few days.

64905297-33D9-401E-A84E-7E351598C03D.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, snowfan said:

Another 3-5 today in Canaan. They’re making out fairly well this past month. Should be hitting 90” on the season within the next few days.

Great picture.  Wisp is at 82”...I’d be shocked if they weren’t already over 90” given their higher elevation.

Cold period seems to be slipping away ever so slowly. The weather forecast just fails to have any highs below freezing save for a couple days late next week, but that keeps getting pushed back. This is getting uninteresting real fast.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Cold period seems to be slipping away ever so slowly. The weather forecast just fails to have any highs below freezing save for a couple days late next week, but that keeps getting pushed back. This is getting uninteresting real fast.

This aged well

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Somehow I feel like my low temp tonight isn’t going to be 16.

21. Still hasn’t been in the teens this winter.

• Like 1