• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

If the radar doesn’t fill in, it will be a pretty big miss by pretty much all guidance for the near metro.  I have about 0.2” of precip total.  Just crazy to think just yesterday models were spitting out close to an inch.  Never bet against the Nams I suppose.

kids love it though!

• Sad 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Not quite as good for here this run- it mostly jacks right along and west of the bay-  but the general idea is the same. Some backside love.

1612332000-M3odLaxkAqU.png

I actually think this is the most likely outcome here if things align correctly with the coastal. There’s plenty of room for heavy snow to make its way into eastern half of Maryland with the CCB, including Baltimore city. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErinInTheSky said:

If I get 8 more inches I’m going to be the happiest person alive but I have high doubts.

Think it’s going to be really close for you and places like Howard county. It all comes down to the SW extend of the CCB. Could very well see 6” in Rockville and  SW HoCo and 12” in the ellicott city / Catonsville Baltimore area as the euro depicts here.

We need the storm to form a bit south and tuck so the storm is able to rotate precip into SW portions of the CWA. BWI could double up on DCA. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

If the radar doesn’t fill in, it will be a pretty big miss by pretty much all guidance for the near metro.  I have about 0.2” of precip total.  Just crazy to think just yesterday models were spitting out close to an inch.  Never bet against the Nams I suppose.

kids love it though!

It’s Sunday. The coastal forms and explodes tomorrow into early Tuesday morning. The radar we see now has zero to do with the way the radar will look tomorrow.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic