Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

Just now, mimillman said:

Dry air in the heart of the city causing issues again. Roads are wet with puddles so will need solid rates and big flakes to overcome that if anything is to stick. Visibility has improved and I can see the south loop buildings from my place which are about 1.5 miles away

In a bit of a dry spot about 30 miles west of you.

Most of the heavy stuff was targeted around 6 PM in NE IL anyway so hopefully this picks up in the next hour or two...

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier said:

My neighbor is already shoveling.  At this rate they might as well stay outside for the next 10 hours.

Prob trying to work off a big supper lol.

Mix of freezing rain and sleet here.  Nice glaze on the trees/snowpack.  Paved areas still just wet with temps hovering at 32.  

Now I know how it feels to live in Kirksville with the radar being down.  :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Dry air in the heart of the city causing issues again. Roads are wet with puddles so will need solid rates and big flakes to overcome that if anything is to stick. Visibility has improved and I can see the south loop buildings from my place which are about 1.5 miles away

LOL.   Since when do we care about accumulation on salted roads.  I assume most of us are not the age where we are praying to get days off school.