• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Steady light snow moving in to Binghamton.  Just using the old eyeball evaluation by watching the radar loop it just doesn’t seem like a 3-5” event even if we don’t mix at all.  Maybe an inch followed by drizzle/flurries for hours? Hope I’m wrong! 

Side note:  Pretty dense 6-12” or more snowpack above 1,500ft in Delaware County.  Almost zero snowpack below maybe 1,200ft.  Just returned to work in Binghamton (first time since Th) and was shocked to see how little snow is on the ground relative to home.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This radar composite is a good replacement for the now defunct national weather service radar.  Gives a good regional view

https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/bgm

That is the site that I like for big picture winter precip. Only issue is sometimes it stops refreshing and you get old loops.  I don't think it's a browser / clear cache problem either. Hopefully it works properly today.

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This radar composite is a good replacement for the now defunct national weather service radar.  Gives a good regional view

https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/bgm

Seriously. How can the NWS still keep their 'new' radar site live?? It's not even usable...I have a powerful laptop with discrete graphics and it still won't load properly. Makes ZERO sense.

• Like 2