• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Looks like I called it. Moving way up to Lake Ontario. We might have an inch and a half and about to shut off. Schools are shutting down early here because of the "snowstorm" this afternoon. So, now everybody is driving during the height of this band, when it's going to be clear the rest of the afternoon. So dumb.

Another synoptic fail?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like I called it. Moving way up to Lake Ontario. We might have an inch and a half and about to shut off. Schools are shutting down early here because of the "snowstorm" this afternoon. So, now everybody is driving during the height of this band, when it's going to be clear the rest of the afternoon. So dumb.

Another synoptic fail?

Did you move to Tennessee??? Which upstate school district needs to go on the shamed list?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Did you move to Tennessee??? Which upstate school district needs to go on the shamed list?!

Some of the Oswego County and Northern/Western Onondaga county schools are dismissing early. It's probably because we're in the zone to get around 6 inches this afternoon. But I'm not so sure about that...lol. Looks like precip may be trying to backbuild at present, but it might be too late.

Currently dumping snow, but about to end.

Just now, Syrmax said:

Not sure what's more entertaining, the SN+ or watching the action in Gamestop today over on the WallStreetBets Reddit forum.   Back up to $100.   Oh the humanity!

I posted about that in the general discussion thread. Wall street is short gamestop and WSB is all about it. I love it haha. Makes no sense at all. Gamestop should be a $2 stock as they won't be profitable for the foreseeable future but who cares in this stock market age where one tweet can pump a stock 50% in an hour. ^_^

• Like 2

One last thump before we get dry slotted. Currently really coming down probably approaching 2 inches. John DiPasquale on his noon forecast kinda threw in the towel at the end of the show and said the dry slot might keep us from reaching the 4-6 inches forecast. He also said the snow should redevelop later although lighter. 

37 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I was quite wrong. That high pressure got the big boot from a weakening low pressure system and went way farther NW then any model predicted once again, embrace the trend of the season.

image.png.cd41446504018240cd088961515d7b98.png

It’s quite unbelievable how many times this has happened. Usually the HP wins out but this year has brought us a new dynamic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s quite unbelievable how many times this has happened. Usually the HP wins out but this year has brought us a new 

It's all about the systems that make it into Western Pennsylvania or Western New York. I've seen it time and time again Where the modles underplay the Dry slot/warming level, right up to T+0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LakeEffectKing said:

All about the systems that make it into Western Pennsylvania or Western New York All about the systems that make it into Western Pennsylvania or Western New York. I've seen it time and time again Where the modles underplay the Dry slot/warming level, right up to T+0.

Excellent call.