Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, Fozz said:

So this has been reduced to a strung out POS, hasn't it?

That is absolutely correct. It’s like your average snowfall event in Sparks, Nevada, except that type of snow event has no trouble sticking at 34 degrees.

Desperado. Why don’t you come to your senses. You been out riding fences for so long. It may be raining, oh, raining.

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes, I've learned never to discount anything, let alone pieces of guidance, keep an open mind, there's definitely plenty of signs of a shredded mess.  Glad Euro and EPS is on our side, we will see.  

NAM isn't a piece of guidance, it's a piece of shit.

(but i do agree with the sentiment)

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Ha, had a feeling that might happen. I’ll put the euro in the toilet as I pee. 

Just saw it too. When the early 00z guidance came in I wasn’t feeling great. 

Some of those same mesos are looking a bit better now though....so still gotta think there may be a decent stripe of advisory snow? Vortmax track is pretty classic for it....it’s just we aren’t going to be able to sync up the conveyors so warning snowfall isn’t happening. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just saw it too. When the early 00z guidance came in I wasn’t feeling great. 

Some of those same mesos are looking a bit better now though....so still gotta think there may be a decent stripe of advisory snow? Vortmax track is pretty classic for it....it’s just we aren’t going to be able to sync up the conveyors so warning snowfall isn’t happening. 

Certainly wouldnt write it off completely yet. The RGEM is being a bit stubborn, for the CT/RI/SE MA area it did cut back a bit from 00Z but is still the most bullish with the system.

rgem-all-massachusetts-instant_ptype-9732800.thumb.png.1d5ee3648a49b2679bc1f8f9f7fb90d3.pngrgem-all-massachusetts-total_snow_10to1-9880400.thumb.png.49ba464d4f2bb6206c2eff6dc137e882.pngrgem-all-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-9880400.thumb.png.e3b7e3e21ad361fc319e4b3a71f74731.png

• Like 1

OKX and BOX hold on the advisories but definitely cut back in the wording and amounts. From 2-4 locally higher in the BOX area to 2-3 and "up to 3" in the OKX zones except fairfield and new haven where they continue 2-4". Definitely boarderline to keep the advisories going.

From the OKX AFD:

Much of the frontogenetic and thermal forcing with the coastal
low will remain offshore, while the precipitation shield expands
to the NW of the low as the upper low approaches from the west.
In some ways, this is taking on the appearance of a trowal, but
in a much broader scope. Guidance continues to trend downward
with liquid equivalent amounts generally less than a half an
inch. Furthermore, the WPC Superensemble snowfall amounts have
also dropped with the best chance for advisory level snows
remaining across western Passaic county in NJ and Orange county
in NY. Elsewhere across the advisory area, snowfall will
generally be in the 1 to 3 inch range. While dropping the
advisory was contemplated across eastern areas, ensemble mean
guidance was just below advisory level snows in these areas.
Should this trend continue with the 12Z cycle, this will have
to be revisited.

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Probably the first and only call ill make on this one. If this look better (or worse) at 12Z i may update it. Pretty much a non-event the way i see it. Can't rule out a few isolated 2 or 3" amounts in interior southern connecticut. Right now, areas near the NY boarder look the most favorable on modeling. 

01_03.21_forecast.thumb.jpg.9e8b77a861d00a37879206c2dbb33d8f.jpg

Epic

• Haha 2

Probably the first and only call ill make on this one. If this look better (or worse) at 12Z i may update it. Pretty much a non-event the way i see it. Can't rule out a few isolated 2 or 3" amounts in interior southern connecticut. Right now, areas near the NY boarder look the most favorable on modeling. 

Days and days, one of the easiest forecasts

• Haha 3

The Terminator storm

image.png

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro is dry

Nam ftw ?

The Para goofus started showing the drying out towards the east 4 or 5 model runs ago...I feel like that model has actually done pretty well so far. The mesos started picking up on it at 18z yesterday. At the same time the Euro had its best run....interesting

15 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I think a narrow area of several inches could work out. But honestly I’m quite baffled with how bad modeling is. Maybe two areas. One near TOL and points SW to NE from there in the high terrain. Perhaps another area just away from the coast like HRRR and Euro show? That would be depending on how that low develops and brings in the precip. 

What changes would you make to this forecast now?

• Weenie 1