• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday-Monday Jan 3-4 potential rapidly intensifying ene moving nor'easter along the mid Atlantic coast with rain to snow mainly I84 to near I95 north through west of NYC

wdrag

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Euro has some accumulating snow for Bronx and eastern LI but I’m gonna go with gut feeling and climo and still think it’s white rain

Timing is very good, and most of subforum outside of high density NYC forecast to get down to upper 20s/low 30s tonight, not sure surface is that much of an issue

1 hour ago, HVSnowLover said:

Euro has some accumulating snow for Bronx and eastern LI but I’m gonna go with gut feeling and climo and still think it’s white rain

Areas north of I-87 should do ok. South of 87, Rockland, Westchester, Bergen.....this is probably 1-2 inches of very wet snow at best, which is a gift given the putrid airmass, and I think those areas may fight rain at times. Bad boundary layer, my highs up here go into the upper 30’s tomorrow. As far as ratios, those 10:1 ratio maps are going to be way off. It’s probably more like 5:1 ratios tomorrow south of 87 Edit: I meant I-84. My apologies 

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

Areas north of I-87 should do ok. South of 87, Rockland, Westchester, Bergen.....this is probably 1-2 inches of very wet snow at best, which is a gift given the putrid airmass, and I think those areas may fight rain at times. Bad boundary layer, my highs up here go into the upper 30’s tomorrow. As far as ratios, those 10:1 ratio maps are going to be way off. It’s probably more like 5:1 ratios tomorrow south of 87

Agree I’m also thinking 1-2 inches on cars and grass in those areas which agree is a gift. 

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Areas north of I-87 should do ok. South of 87, Rockland, Westchester, Bergen.....this is probably 1-2 inches of very wet snow at best, which is a gift given the putrid airmass, and I think those areas may fight rain at times. Bad boundary layer, my highs up here go into the upper 30’s tomorrow. As far as ratios, those 10:1 ratio maps are going to be way off. It’s probably more like 5:1 ratios tomorrow south of 87

Even up here ratios are gonna be crap.. I’m thinking 8:1 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

South of what road?  87 runs north-south, not sure how you get south of 87.  Did you mean east or west of 87?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Binghamton NY
422 PM EST Sat Jan 2 2021

NYZ062-032130-
/O.EXA.KBGM.WW.Y.0001.210103T1600Z-210104T0400Z/
Sullivan-
Including the city of Monticello

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5
  inches.

* WHERE...Sullivan county.

* WHEN...Snow will develop late in the morning Sunday, peak in
  intensity in the afternoon and taper off Sunday evening.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Binghamton NY

NYZ062-032130-
/O.EXA.KBGM.WW.Y.0001.210103T1600Z-210104T0400Z/
Sullivan-
Including the city of Monticello

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5
  inches.

* WHERE...Sullivan county.

* WHEN...Snow will develop late in the morning Sunday, peak in
  intensity in the afternoon and taper off Sunday evening.

Nice today tomorrow for us and maybe it overperforms a little?

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT
EST SUNDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.

* WHERE....Litchfield, Berkshire, Dutchess and Ulster counties.

* WHEN...From 1 PM Sunday to midnight Sunday night.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow will quickly overspread the advisory
  area during the early to mid afternoon hours and is expected to
  taper off by around midnight.

2 hours ago, JoshSnow said:

Climo? Lmao this is a 1-3 event for the city. The time to stick even during the day is now it’s January! Watch it over perform! Low is offshore this is a snow event for the city and west 

Yes like the last one when the storm was shown inland SNJ, the mix line was going to stay South of the city when in reality it made it past Kingston. You need to accept reality or this is not the hobby for you. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Grann said:

Yes like the last one when the storm was shown inland SNJ, the mix line was going to stay South of the city when in reality it made it past Kingston. You need to accept reality or this is not the hobby for you. 

Yea that’s why I’m going by overall feeling based on past storms as opposed to models. Every storm like this is junk for anyone near the coast. Near the coast it needs to be below freezing at the start of the storm or need heavy rates to overcome garbage boundary. This storm won’t have either. 

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Yep also weak and disjointed. It has it flipping between rain and snow here in Rockland and what snow falls is light. This is trending into pretty much a nothing burger

Not heavy enough rates for many and the airmass is garbage....light to moderate snow won't accumulate with warm ground and temps in the mid to upper 30's.