• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

After this weekend’s little rain east glop west diddy ... here’s what the next two weeks of oper GFS offers. 

5 afternoons with exploded polar CU in a virga washed sky, and 1 windex plausible D13  

I realize folks said the 2nd half of the month rock ‘n’ rolls but were they thinking Air Supply?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

After this weekend’s little rain east glop west diddy ... here’s what the next two weeks of oper GFS offers. 

5 afternoons with exploded polar CU in a virga washed sky, and 1 windex plausible D13  

I realize folks said the 2nd half of the month rock ‘n’ rolls but were they thinking Air Supply?

Who cares about the day 14 GFS OP

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm all out of snow...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Saw some cat paws tonight SW of Buffalo.  Erie,PA for the night.  Complained to the front desk guy that it’s been boring weather.  He agreed!  Snow otg in many places though.  But it looks more like mid November vs mid January.  To Chicago tomorrow.

Do you take that route to enrich the Empire State?  Our IL trips (to DEC not CHI) go 84-81-80, etc.  No tolls west of the Hudson.  Mapquest said the Buffalo trail was 9 minutes quicker (for a 1,300-mile drive :P), though that time might be squandered on 90 west of Sturbridge.

Had 0.2" earlier, nothing during the past 90 minutes.  P&C says 1-2" here + 1"+ RA.

If we get shutout in the medium-10 day range I’ve not lost hope for early feb yet. Ensembles across the board in the Uber LR are showing  lower heights (cold)  on our side of the hemisphere. This pattern looks zonal, but imo it also screams northern stream flat wave/Miller Bs. I like this look for NE more than anything we are seeing over the next 7-10 days. This is supported across gefs, cmc end, eps.  As tombo pointed out on our phillywx forum. Follow the height lines. Cold is finally directed towards us. This is a pure NS pattern. There’s also a hint of the block trying to rebuild, but we’ll see about that. This pattern would heavily favor NE over my area in Philly/MId Atlantic imho. I’m not fully crossing off the next 7-10 days, could see a low end event. I’m more confident towards end of the month if this holds. Sorry for the bad graphics it’s the best I can do lmao. 

*As pointed out on my forum mjo headed towards more favorable phase along with CFS showing AN precip with a very Miller b-ish look. 

55D62022-EC23-466D-860F-64FBCF356D6C.jpeg

7BFDE2C8-9D47-4420-A03A-A0D4FA8FF727.jpeg

• Like 1