Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They use a much better thermal algorithm, but its still only as good as the model.....will still miss mid level goodies often.

Yeah for sure, but I appreciate the maps.  Noticed it several times this winter when you post those vs the WxBell or weathermodels maps.  Basically the Ryan Mauve maps, ha.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, if we can lift 1/16 out of here just a little faster, that 1/18 shortwave has been looking better each run. The wave spacing issues though need to improve. EPS also likes 1/21-1/22 potentially.

Definitely looks like a few opportunities if we can catch a break. 1/21-1/22 looks pretty good on the EPS.

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Push it east a tad

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

but it is Tuesday so is the trend our friend?

Its has come east some, But its the air mass that's the biggest issue, We need the SLP to track further east into the GOM instead of cutting north over and thru ME.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think I have been in the upper 30s for about two consecutive weeks.

I think I cracked into the 40s on Jan 2nd....since then all the highs have been between 31-39. Lows have been a little more variable...a couple times we snuck to 18-19F but mostly lows are in the 25F range.

About as stale and dull of a pattern as you can get.....though it makes sense if you dive deeper. We've just been stuck under the NAO blocking and an unfavorable PAC. Usually we would get a shortwave to develop into it and shake up the monotony with a decent snow event at least once in a 10-12 day period, but that hasn't happened. It's unfortunate as we didn't have a lack of shortwaves....they just never aligned correctly and we had a bunch of destructive interference. So we're left with this.

Hopefully the increased baroclinicity will make it easier to pop something. Hell, even a couple of 2-4" clippers mixed in would be nice at this point.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think I cracked into the 40s on Jan 2nd....since then all the highs have been between 31-39. Lows have been a little more variable...a couple times we snuck to 18-19F but mostly lows are in the 25F range.

About as stale and dull of a pattern as you can get.....though it makes sense if you dive deeper. We've just been stuck under the NAO blocking and an unfavorable PAC. Usually we would get a shortwave to develop into it and shake up the monotony with a decent snow event at least once in a 10-12 day period, but that hasn't happened. It's unfortunate as we didn't have a lack of shortwaves....they just never aligned correctly and we had a bunch of destructive interference. So we're left with this.

Hopefully the increased baroclinicity will make it easier to pop something. Hell, even a couple of 2-4" clippers mixed in would be nice at this point.

I hit 15 Sunday night, but my area radiates well....lows are usually close with ASH.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

See, I'm enjoying this nice stretch of weather.

• Weenie 1