Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Perhaps ...I dunno - but the top image I provided does not contain an SSW...  when every year that has one, looks like the 2006 example I provided - or a closer approximation. 

I have also seen those warm 5 and 10 mb nodes pop off and not down well as I've been monitoring this shit for decades.  They are not provable/statistically significant modulators prior to the onset of -AO...  

Again, the AO this time predates even those 5 and 10 hPas this year -

I guess I respectfully disagree - I don't think we've had an SSW that matches the behavior set of historical inference.   I think there are some coincident behaviors going on - ... we'll see how the rest of the year goes.   

Also, the QBO is not in the typical phase for SSW ...it's not a deal breaker or nothin... but usually the QBO is in the easterly phase -

image.png.5893aa68033801eb032c9fdd88ba2db3.png

image.png.2dd3bd04c101412bb9b5428b8bac7ad2.png

On that Jan 12-13 Euro threat, of all models giving that scenario support it's the JMA, lol.  The JMA goes out to only hr 192, but the look of the isobars with its position south of LI shows it taking a due E turn at that point, unlike the Euro.  Upper level winds support that on the JMA.  This is so far out yet that it could still whiff as the other globals indicate.

The other nearly pointless model analysis effort because it's D8 to consider ... better hope the S/W kicker over Iowa is legit, because that total wave spacing between California and NS is too long - that sucker could easily end up in Buffalo if it were not for that thing pushing it right along.   

Again .. day 8 yeah I know -

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

image.png.5893aa68033801eb032c9fdd88ba2db3.png

image.png.2dd3bd04c101412bb9b5428b8bac7ad2.png

Yeah...I did, Scott, mention that I was 'waiting in the wings' because I am not sure if other agencies have a different take on things - 

This does not match the CDAS no LOL... Like I said, just going with those CPC conventional channels.

Thing is, ...something is f'ed up with American agencies lately - not to be political, but I'm wondering if there's an econ. thing with the present DC admin ... CDC suspended calculating teleconnectors entirely, because as I was told by personnel there ... when the GEFs recently included all those new members it invalidated the EOF layouts and there is no recursive funding to fix them - made to be broken.  

No plan as to when that gets fixed, either - jesus

Anyway, if that's more valid okay - no argument.  But I've never seen the CDAS be off kilter - but, we've never managed to elect a Stallinistic fascist to president either so ...times are changin'

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...I did, Scott, mention that I was 'waiting in the wings' because I am not sure if other agencies have a different take on things - 

This does not match the CDAS no LOL... Like I said, just going with those CPC conventional channels.

Thing is, ...something is f'ed up with American agencies lately - not to be political, but I'm wondering if there's an econ. thing with the present DC admin ... CDC suspended calculating teleconnectors entirely, because I was told by personnel there ... when the GEFs recently included all those new members it invalidated the EOF layouts and there is no recursive funding to fix them - made to be broken.  

No plan as to when that gets fixed, either - jesus

Anyway, if that's more valid okay - no argument  

Oh I was just supplementing what you said and wanted to show the current forecasts. Yeah not sure what is up with the good ole USA guidance there? 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

D10 has what looks like a developing miller B threat....I had told Ray a few days ago that I thought we could have a better chance at a higher end system (like borderline HECS or better) after mid-month when the northern stream becomes more dominant...and Miller Bs are more common in northern stream dominant patterns.

So while D10 is clown range, that kind of look should be more common going into the second half of the month.

Miller A best followed by a Miller B beast?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh I was just supplementing what you said and wanted to show the current forecasts. Yeah not sure what is up with the good ole USA guidance there? 

You know ...not to be a dink but, can we please ask that these people posting these SSW claims get more responsible about citing their sources AND that includes provisional examples - where allowable? 

People are getting information and jockeying for headline gaslighting and it's really getting annoying.   But, my point is... we might have some idea wtf is going on with these source disparities/indicators therein.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

You know ...not to be a dink but, can we please ask that these people posting these SSW claims get more responsible about citing their sources AND that includes provisional examples - where allowable? 

People are getting information and jocking for headline gaslighting  and it's really getting annoying.   But, my point is... we might have some idea wtf is going on with these source disparities/indicators therein.

Ha, Social media FTL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That was a pants tent run.

Now for reality checking ... 

eh hm - 

There's 8 days ....   ( in case your deaf ..heh) for that to fumble around get all kindsa fugged up - do you think the super-agency forces of fractals and reality will resist ??   

LOL... obviously we all know this has no hope - but, I want to get the humor stream to fill to bankfull and spread out across the playground where rumor mills hangs out at the swing set ..so that this has any hope of being rescued when said agency in fact proves it cannot resist. 

You know... just looking at the operational runs - forgetting the GEFs or EPS for the moment ...

that's a huge Archembault signal there - I mean, we go from a nebular failed -NAO ( ... NAO may in itself be real just bear with me...), to a complete PNA forced regime change - or it is thought. 

Whatever the reason the PNAP part of the PNA is definitely ...very rapidly entering a coherent positive circulation type ...really fast... That's like 2.5 days of that sequence used to reorient the entire synopsis, so what happens ....?  Boom TV-NE transit for the starry-eyed dreamers - 

We'll see if it has legs... 

I was joking with Ray the other night and mentioned how 2015 seemed to crop up out of nowhere - 

Maybe having the CDAS lie about the status for the thermal/pressure coordinates while the Euro Org has a 50 mb tsunamis are hugely inspiring forecast signals, huh -

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

D10 has what looks like a developing miller B threat....I had told Ray a few days ago that I thought we could have a better chance at a higher end system (like borderline HECS or better) after mid-month when the northern stream becomes more dominant...and Miller Bs are more common in northern stream dominant patterns.

So while D10 is clown range, that kind of look should be more common going into the second half of the month.

Yea, no argument from me there. That is the period to watch.

• Like 1