Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah there’s not gonna be a subsidence. Those never end up panning out to any great degree. 

There most certainly is. The thing about these storms as opposed to the real big dogs is you can’t afford to get caught in between bands for hours on end in an event that’s essentially 12 hours long.

In a storm like the Feb 2013 blizzard... you can make it up over the course of the storm.

9 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

The 18z GFS gives me 3”  

The 18z NAM gives me 26”  

BUT NO NO we Don’t need any more money and Government Help for our Weather Models Noooooo.  

Look how far the low tucked west on the gfs down towards Delaware compared to 12z and that was one run in difference. This is how the gfs does it. It’ll catch up eventually. I’ve grown to the point where I just use it for longer range wave length ideas and storm potential, but specifics is Gd pointless

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There most certainly is. The thing about these storms as opposed to the real big dogs is you can’t afford to get caught in between bands for hours on end in an event that’s essentially 12 hours long.

In a storm like the Feb 2013 blizzard... you can make it up over the course of the storm.

I got caught in one during PD II and Dec 2003

..only had 1' in both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

It actually carries the same dryslot all the way out into the gulf of maine. I really think it was just a function of the rgem's particular evolution this run. If it verified, ooph for several of us.

d5685e37-9496-460a-99ca-78d74f5f0367.gif

That’s the deform from W MA into S NH. He’s in between areas of forcing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

It actually carries the same dryslot all the way out into the gulf of maine. I really think it was just a function of the rgem's particular evolution this run. If it verified, ooph for several of us.

d5685e37-9496-460a-99ca-78d74f5f0367.gif

Other guidance has shown that slot in my area, adjacent to the CJ enhancement. 

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol....reading this from the Walgreens parking lot.  His map agrees with what I told my wife.  Her response;  “that’s a lot of snow!”   We’re so spoiled...

Enjoy your time in the parking lot with steamed up windows as your wife says, “wow that’s a lot” to your muthafuka. Such memorable moments.