Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

What about Monday’s snow? Hold firm? That is turning into advisory event.

Tickled SE a little on the 06z but still there. I’m not convinced yet of more than a C-2” but we watch...id love to grab a couple inches as an appetizer. Maybe we get lucky and it’s a little more. 

Going to be on the line up here. Seems like there’s probably an historical tendency to nudge this northwest a little bit, especially since it seems to be more of an interior job down towards Philly. I guess it’s the strength and position of the position of the block and how strong it is against analogs.  Happy to see Chris at GYX leaning towards Northwest nudges.  I see the boxing day storm is a classic occluded nudge east northeast the mountains to screw us over up here

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s still a relatively progressive system. I enjoyed the hours of self rub n tug overnight but back to reality now.

Yeah... the 1 limiting factor that I see is it’s kind of in and out, relatively speaking. We’ve put up some prolific totals in fast movers before, but I thing that’s more the exception than the rule 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll be all in if these hits keep coming inside D2. I’ve been stood up way too many times in the D2-D5 range. 

This is still like 5 days away for most of the region... maybe like 4.5 for the far SW regions of  New England.... feels like we’ve been tracking for days and the local news outlets probably won’t start really talking about it until Monday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is still like 5 days away for most of the region... maybe like 4.5 for the far SW regions of  New England.... feels like we’ve been tracking for days and the local news outlets probably won’t start really talking about it until Monday 

Last winter was so awful that we’re even more thirsty than usual. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yea. Don’t get me wrong though. This is better than tracking cold fronts but getting ideal solutions to keep slapping our faces for 5 days is tough and unlikely. 

• Like 1

Severe Winter Storm Impact Index:

1.) Nuisance

2.) Significant

3.) Major

4.) Extreme

5.) Crippling

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

12-18” lolli’s to 20 will be the max zone where it’s powder. Won’t be totally surprised if you see spots 20+. Coast will be less due to wetter snow consistency.

Id be fine with 15-18" 

• Weenie 3