• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

NAM has been the model showing lower totals for this area due to both mid level warming and dry slot issues. So if we end up getting lower amounts, which appears to be the case right now (unless we get a very strong back end overnight), then NAM was the model that actually did the best.

Agree also has been consistently pounding upstate when other models were surpressed. Still can’t believe a storm with confluence may dump 2 feet to Albany but nam and ukie caught onto this. 

About 4-5 inches on the ground here in southern Bergen County, NJ; About 6 miles west of midtown Manhattan. This dry slot seems pretty stubborn so far. Hearing lots of reports of sleet in the area. Is this around as much as we can expect from this storm, or might we get a little more?

Just want to add that a few busts in recent years if I recall correctly were called by the nam. People berated it, but in the end it was right. Not that I'm not happy with 5 inches, this is more than I've seen in the past 22 or so months combined, and the beginning of this storm was something to behold.

10 minutes ago, patrick05 said:

I'm about 1.5miles to the northeast as the crow flies

I'm about .25 miles from the airport. I have to find a good place to measure.  No snow board or anything here yet.  My front lawn says I have 5" but *shrug*.  

*watching snow blow off the trees and house right now so...yea

Just now, Rjay said:

I'm about .25 miles from the airport. I have to find a good place to measure.  No snow board or anything here yet.  My front lawn says I have 5" but *shrug*.

I just measured I’m  about 1 mile east of airport. 4.8”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

*watching snow blow off the trees and house right now so...yea

2 minutes ago, justinj said:

I just measured I’m  about 1 mile east of airport. 4.8”

Yea you guys are probably closer to ISP's measurement then.. it was tough to find anything more than 4" here and even that I felt like was mostly due to wind/drift so I'm gonna call it 3" on my end..

• Thanks 1

Just now, patrick05 said:

Yea you guys are probably closer to ISP's measurement then.. it was tough to find anything more than 4" here and even that I felt like was mostly due to wind/drift so I'm gonna call it 3" on my end..

Who knows.  I don't get all crazy about measurements unless a spotter or a weenie is off by like 6"