• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Banding looks to be western CT into western MA and through NH and Maine. 

So you are saying Iceberg and I have a chance? I expect a similar outcome from the October storm out this way, wet snowflakes at the tailend of the storm, 1-3" on the hilltops...

Just now, Spanks45 said:

So you are saying Iceberg and I have a chance? I expect a similar outcome from the October storm out this way, wet snowflakes at the tailend of the storm, 1-3" on the hilltops...

Just referring to the gfs. I honestly wouldn’t feel comfortable until this evening.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Just referring to the gfs. I honestly wouldn’t feel comfortable until this evening.

Oh I know the routine, this one seems to be even more difficult to pin down....I think 1-3" would be the max we could see out here, even if it all comes together, in the end it will probably be east is best. It might be one of those seasons again.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I want to see 0z runs before i go all in, But fairly confident for up here sitting in the middle, There is some wiggle room as long as guidance holds.

Lol, I wouldn't feel good about this storm until 00z tomorrow night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Oh I know the routine, this one seems to be even more difficult to pin down....I think 1-3" would be the max we could see out here, even if it all comes together, in the end it will probably be east is best. It might be one of those seasons again.

Yea. We’ll see flakes and prob some minor accums. Fade the early phase idea in progressive flows.

28 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Very funny but I have zero expectations for this event and not much for this winter as a whole. I finally know the limitations here in SWCT. 

This is a NW of 84 event while the ORH points NE jack/crush. A rogue nam run or two doesn’t change anything. 

Southbury is hardly SW CT. Try coming down here if you really want to know what it’s like to be screwed by these types of storms lol.

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

Southbury is hardly SW CT. Try coming down here if you really want to know what it’s like to be screwed by these types of storms lol.

Yea, much better here then there but I consider this area right on the line. It’s remarkable how 84 west of the river is the gradient. Like you can get slop in Easton, 2” here, and 6” just 10 miles to my N. There are usually a couple systems per season where I can take a 15min drive to Washington and see accum snow while it rains here. Yes...I do that often.