• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Ended up with 1.58” of rain for the storm and just a light dusting of snow so far — probably about as much as I’ll get. Currently 31º at 3:50am. Am FaceTiming with one of my sons and grandson in Tokyo in about 5 minutes and was hoping to show them it snowing. And it just stopped. Bummer.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Ended up with 1.58” of rain for the storm and just a light dusting of snow so far — probably about as much as I’ll get. Currently 31º at 3:50am. Am FaceTiming with one of my sons and grandson in Tokyo in about 5 minutes and was hoping to show them it snowing. And it just stopped. Bummer.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas to you.  I am so glad you will be able to see each other instead of just talking on the phone.  It is not the same as being together but it's pretty amazing that we can do that now.  Speaking of amazing, we have lost an amazing amount of snow here in Williamsport.  

1 hour ago, CoralRed said:

Merry Christmas to you.  I am so glad you will be able to see each other instead of just talking on the phone.  It is not the same as being together but it's pretty amazing that we can do that now.  Speaking of amazing, we have lost an amazing amount of snow here in Williamsport.  

For sure, every time I FaceTime for an hour or more I’m thinking to myself not only how incredible the technology is these days but how great it is not having to worry about how much it’s costing!

At least you were able to experience a great snowstorm even if it didn’t stick around for very long. How much rain have you gotten?

29 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

For sure, every time I FaceTime for an hour or more I’m thinking to myself not only how incredible the technology is these days but how great it is not having to worry about how much it’s costing!

At least you were able to experience a great snowstorm even if it didn’t stick around for very long. How much rain have you gotten?

I think one of the flood warnings said 1.5-2.5.  We didn't have any for awhile there tonight so I think we ended up with less than predicted.  I think of snow as absorbing a lot of rain but with the high amount of rain and warm temperatures the snow was kind of destroyed where it wasn't piled up high.  It's strange because I felt kind of overwhelmed by it last week and now it has been overwhelmed by the above average temperatures and heavy rain.  My fears of incredible ice everywhere to walk over after everything refreezes were for nothing, I guess.

Merry Christmas everyone!

The Euro Weeklies last night keep the -NAO pattern going until late January. We should get snow chances in this pattern.

I saw recently that @psuhoffman claimed the period from January 5th to the 15th as the window to watch for winter storm chances for our region.

Our time will come if this type of pattern persists for several weeks. We just need to be patient!

7E807CB2-98D0-4223-88B1-B8C7F384CC8A.png

EE4D5AAA-368B-4248-B84B-0EA5BABC275D.png

E7B00FFC-F49D-4654-A0CD-4C4702D20F70.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

The Euro Weeklies last night keep the -NAO pattern going until late January. We should get snow chances in this pattern.

I saw recently that @psuhoffman claimed the period from January 5th to the 15th as the window to watch for winter storm chances for our region.

Our time will come if this type of pattern persists for several weeks. We just need to be patient!

7E807CB2-98D0-4223-88B1-B8C7F384CC8A.png

EE4D5AAA-368B-4248-B84B-0EA5BABC275D.png

E7B00FFC-F49D-4654-A0CD-4C4702D20F70.png

Thanks Blizz! Let’s hope. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh and snow is completely gone here - anything other than a plow truck parking lot pile is toast. :sadface:

This still counts as snow on the ground in Christmas in my book! There are several areas of plowed & shoveled snow in my neighborhood that survived the torch monsoon yesterday!

Also, go & check out the Mid Atlantic thread. Many reports now of light snow in MD & northern VA. The radar looks to be blossoming to our south & west.

I think we that we have the chance to get some  light snow or snow showers in the LSV in the next couple of hours!

Merry Christmas to all.  Well of course my ground is visible again.  However, lots of piles scattered all over.  I now live on a cul-de-sac and I get to look out my front window and see the 8 foot piles of snow that will likely be here until April.  I picked up a storm total of 2.53" of rain with all but 0.15" falling yesterday.  Hoping for some flurries to pop up over the next few hours.

• Like 1

We had 2.59" of the liquid variety yesterday and overnight. No snow at all, though, which is ok by me. Those of you who know me quite well know that besides snow when I'm working, I hate when a storm gives all the roads and cars a powerwashing and cleans all the salt up, just for an inch at the tail end to put all the salt back on again. So I'm fine if we don't get any snow over this way. You guys in true central can have my share today...

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone!

Getting real close to 0.1".  Mulch and stones are totally white along with roofs.  Flakes occasionally large but mainly finer.  Also, mainly light intensity with occasional bursts of moderate.  Anyone remember the last time it actually snowed on Christmas Day?  I can't remember any year recently.  I'm sure we've had some more recently than 2002.  Temp 28.0.  I guess "officially" it IS a white Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1