Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

24 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

the powder on top will just vaporize. I think we'll have some patches left, but it'll be ugly.

Last night's powder will be gone long before Christmas Eve. Having all this snow around leading up to the holiday has been great though, and more than we could have hoped for a week ago at this time.

I do agree with the earlier post pointing out that having a legit post-Xmas threat to track would take some of the sting out of the Grinch.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

the powder on top will just vaporize. I think we'll have some patches left, but it'll be ugly.

It’s already settled to 9:1 here. We have a solid 2” of liquid in our 17”...not sure what you guys had for w.e. out there. Sometimes you guys flood with warmth a little easier over there to my east without the ageostrophic flow keeping the cold advection pumping in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My grandmother Keeps her house around 80F all year so on xmas when i've gone.. it's just Xmas tradition for me to wear sandles and shorts and a open shirt there (or you sweat bad) The weather looks to cooperate this year , even thou i won't be visiting her. 

Is she the one who hooks you up with the lady friends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Timing of the cold front seems to be early to mid morning west to east. Seems like a 12-15 hour period of torrential rain, damaging wind and dews. A place like Hunch will keep snowpack , but I think most others will lose most of it. Looks like a change to snow at the tail end. 

That's often the forecast for torch-deluge to CF events, and we rarely get the snow.  Our 6" pack has about 2" LE so I expect a skating rink after the Grinch - glad I have a pair of 5-gal buckets filled with wood ash.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s already settled to 9:1 here. We have a solid 2” of liquid in our 17”...not sure what you guys had for w.e. out there. Sometimes you guys flood with warmth a little easier over there to my east without the ageostrophic flow keeping the cold advection pumping in. 

This is what happened before I moved up her in 07-08 yes?  You cadded and kept pack while others torched

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow 17"??  Impressive..but now more stable. -

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was looking at BUFKIT and although it's slightly inverted, something as simple as one of Ray's farts will mix down 55+kts.

I can’t believe how quickly it compressed in half. It’s like seeing one of those LES storms around BUF where Oswego gets like 6ft and then you check depths a week later and the max out there is like a foot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can’t believe how quickly it compressed in half. It’s like seeing one of those LES storms around BUF where Oswego gets like 6ft and then you check depths a week later and the max out there is like a foot.

The other thing that happens with those powdery, windy storms is that you end up with spots where the grass isn't even covered - so you start to get bare patches pretty quickly.

• Weenie 2

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Timing of the cold front seems to be early to mid morning west to east. Seems like a 12-15 hour period of torrential rain, damaging wind and dews. A place like Hunch will keep snowpack , but I think most others will lose most of it. Looks like a change to snow at the tail end. 

ugh...

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My grandmother Keeps her house around 80F all year so on xmas when i've gone.. it's just Xmas tradition for me to wear sandles and shorts and a open shirt there (or you sweat bad) The xmas weather looks to cooperate this year , even thou i won't be visiting her. 

She pump it up to 5 years under her age?   We keep our house at 68 winter, 72 summer.