• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

CCB/fronto stuff looks a little more robust. Still not quite what I’d want to see for widespread amounts over 5”, but a good trend. Just need that southern stream vortmax/shortwave to maintain a hair longer. It did better on this run, but we want to see that cyclonic curl in the shortwave when it is at about the latitude of ACK or thereabouts. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That might be about it though.   Unless it’s really amped there is only so far it’s going to move against the cold press.  

It gets further north then shunted east, It still is minimal here as it gets squeezed out under the HP, It would need to stay amped longer like yesterdays earlier runs did, Or raise the heights out ahead more with the latent heat release from Zeta exiting NE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sometimes it's these narrow latitude gradients that I realize how far north we are, ha.

Yeah, been looking at the maps a lot today thinking the same thing. Like, damn I really am way up there, not in "central NH" by any stretch. Trying to will myself closer to the snow for this one, but I'm sure being up north will come in handy more often than not down the road.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, been looking at the maps a lot today thinking the same thing. Like, damn I really am way up there, not in "central NH" by any stretch. Trying to will myself closer to the snow for this one, but I'm sure being up north will come in handy more often than not down the road.

Upslope city starts Monday for next week, maybe a couple of clippers to boot