Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

12z rule.   Shared my crown with my wife as the euro was rolling in at 2AM FYI.   You were gone.

lol, I was in the woods at 6:00 am this morning, It gets better after saturday night, I will have plenty of nights after hunting season to match shot for shot.............:)

• Like 1

Ugh...it really shears it at the last second, so we don't get that nice little CCB finish like some other guidance had. It's still there, but kind of weakish on the Euro. Not sure I buy how quickly it shears at the end though. That vort looks pretty good at 66-72.

• Sad 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ugh...it really shears it at the last second, so we don't get that nice little CCB finish like some other guidance had. It's still there, but kind of weakish on the Euro. Not sure I buy how quickly it shears at the end though. That vort looks pretty good at 66-72.

Yeah I felt that too..lol. It was better than 6z, but still scooted out quick. EPS should be interesting.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I felt that too..lol. It was better than 6z, but still scooted out quick. EPS should be interesting.

Yeah like at 66-72, I was expecting a pretty big finishing CCB over SNE on the next frame and then it got crunched and we just get light snows.

Either way, that was a positive trend from 06z at least.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

No, but I don’t think the difference is going to be very large.... meaning, his elevation isn’t going to help him that much in this particular event.

Hes not getting 6” vs and inch of slop here... I just don’t see it 

He thinks he’s on McKinley though...so you know how that works. 

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Latitude I think is going to be big here.... we’re about the same in that department... we’ll see how it plays out 

Yea, I honestly do not care about JP here. Would be nice, but I never expect that in October. I have said, I just want an inch....I do not expect to get what the hills of N ORH get....hills of CT, diff. story.

Latitude will matter in this.

Get used to hearing that for the next 5 months.

• Weenie 3

Just be impressed by snow in the air. Heck, the smell of snow in the air, while having this pattern even rationally in play is a relative win.  Then, if for every inch that manages is bonus. 

It's amazing to me how in this present era ( since, say, 2000 ) we count pennies in Octobers, where if this were 30 years ago, it would be like winning a million ( it seemed ) in the lottery.  I'll go out on a limb and predict a > 50% chance that October 2021, we'll be doing this again.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just be impressed by snow in the air. Heck, the smell of snow in the air, while having this pattern even rationally in play is a relative win.  Then, if for every inch that manages is bonus. 

It's amazing to me how in this present era ( since, say, 2000 ) we count pennies in Octobers, where if this were 30 years ago, it would be like winning a million ( it seemed ) in the lottery.  I'll go out on a limb and predict a > 50% chance that October 2021, we'll be doing this again.  

any snow is a win before Dec 1 st IMHO so I'm pretty happy with 1" or 6" .. even rain is fine lol, get rid of this drought.

• Like 2